FIOS in San Diego?!
Exquisik

It is now 2013 and there's still no Verizon FIOS services in San Diego.  A city with the 8th largest population in the US and there's no existence of the service anywhere.  What gives?  Is there any plan for the implementation of Verizon FIOS service in San Diego?  If so, is there any ETA?  I'm slowly dying waiting to get my hands on one of Verizon FIOS Bundle!

0 Likes
Re: FIOS in San Diego?!
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

San Diego is AT&T territory.

VZ has no plans for FIOS in San Diego.

0 Likes
unexpectedly

San Diego also has Cox cable in many area south of I-8, which I use for internet service at work and home. From what I've heard about FiOS, I'd love to have it at work and home...

I've got Verizon cell phones.

- Chris

0 Likes
StabFam
Boo! Just moved to SD from Maryland and had it there for 7 years ... Not a single outage or problem during that time ... Come on verizon ... Get digging out here!
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Typically you have at most one cable company, one phone company  the two satellite companies and good old OTA for your TV service.  So if your area has AT&T then Verizon is not going to be coming.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

As mentioned, San Diego appears to be an AT&T area. Consider asking AT&T if U-Verse is available as a Fiber to the Home service, which will be the closest you can get to FiOS with AT&T. Most likely, it will be available as a form of VDSL / VDSL2, at which point it doesn't hurt to consider looking at a Cable company with DOCSIS 3.0 service as well for competition.

0 Likes