FIOS install delays
Darrell9

I originally ordered FIOS on 9/3, after checking online and seeing that our new house is eligible for FIOS.

The install date was set for 9/23.

The technician showed that day, and explained they could not install because the line had to be run further down the road to reach our house first.

A reinstall was set for the following Friday 9/30, and we were informed by the technician when he arrived that day that the line still had not been run.

After *numerous* calls into the support center it was eventually revealed that a 3rd party contractor, hired by Verizon, first has to run the line under our road (i.e., the pole is across the street).

They needed to file for a permit for this with the city.

Because of this, no ETA can be given to me for when FIOS will actually be installed at our house (it is now 10/10 as of today, with not even an ETA in sight).

I’ve spoken to supervisors a few times now, and they still will not give me a direct phone number that I can call for the status of this.

As a result, I’ve been having to call into the main support queue and re-explain the situation to new technicians every time (and no progress has ever been made).

I also see that there does not seem to be a direct email address, just these public forums (unless I'm missing something).

My request is that someone please escalate my ticket so that I can receive a definite ETA for when the roadwork will be done, and the line run to the house, and then FIOS subsequently installed in our home.

I’ve not even yet mentioned the fact that I will be working from home, and have literally had to borrow office space throughout all this downtime.

Any assistance is appreciated, as this has been a pretty horrible first-time user experience so far….

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS install delays
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Darrell9,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes