FIOS internet customers can't get on CBS Sportsline
gobux10
Enthusiast - Level 2
Are there any fantasy football people out there? Since Tuesday, across the country, FIOS customers can't get on the CBS website. Is anyone experiencing this? Has FIOS given any answers?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS internet customers can't get on CBS Sportsline
Psi5
Enthusiast - Level 2
I am having the same trouble and cannot find an answer. Am waiting on hold for FIOS support now. You are not alone!

View solution in original post

Psi5
Enthusiast - Level 2
I am having the same trouble and cannot find an answer. Am waiting on hold for FIOS support now. You are not alone!
Psi5
Enthusiast - Level 2
Actually, the problem is NOT solved. I just got off the line with FIOS tech support. He was able to access Sportsline using the corporate network but in a separate lab with FIOS, he was not able to access the site. He has referred the problem to a "higher level" and said they'd get back with me in 24 hours.
gobux10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Psi5, keep me updated. I just spoke to support as well. They have found there is a "large volume" of people with the same problem. They are sending it

to a "higher level" (must be the phrase of the day). I can't access CBS at work, so I'm in the dark about the situation until later today. I'm getting all my fellow Fantasy players to call Verizon as well. Let me know if it starts working. I miss my Fantasy Football!!!

SC43
Enthusiast - Level 1

The problem is the Verizon FIOS proxy server. If you change your web browser to use an open proxy server 69.4.5.120 port 80 you can access CBS Sportsline with no issues. Or if you use a web proxy like www.ctunnel.com to access CBS Sportsline it works as well.

Verizon either started blocking Sportsline because it was generating to much traffic or some bonehead in IT screwed up the proxy settings. The problem is finding the right person to fix the problem. Calling Verizon support has been a dead end so far.   

0 Likes
Stonefisher

I just spoke with Tech Support and they had me change my MTU size to 1492 within my router. (COAX)

If you don't know how to login into your router to do that call tech support.

FIOS is now back on sportsline.

0 Likes
Psi5
Enthusiast - Level 2
Not sure what happened but Sportsline is now accessible. I spoke with Tech support during the day and they suspected the router but by the time I got home from class, it was up and running. Dunno...
0 Likes
SC43
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here, it just started working without any changes...

Thousands of people are calling in with the same problem and the Verizon techs think its a home router problem? 

{please keep your posts courteous} 

Message Edited by KaLin on 12-05-2008 08:24 AM
0 Likes