FIOS issues with Prime Video
Gloinsstepson

So, for the past month, the Prime Video App has stopped working on multiple devices on my FIOS connection. The only device where it currently works on, is my Galaxy S8 phone. It doesn't work on my  PS3/PS4, Roku and two different fire sticks. When I launch any Prime Video content on the Fire Stick, I get one of two errors, NETWORK_CONNECT_ERROR or PLR_PLS_CALL_FAILED. All other streaming services work fine, inclding Netflix and Youtube.

As part of troubleshooting, I went through multiple iterations of the following steps:

1. Rebooting my G1100 router.

2. Rebooting my Google mesh (which provides my wifi)

3. Setting Firestick and Roku to factory defaults

4. Clearing cache, app data and uregistering my prime account on the Fire stick

I also talked to FIOS and Amazon, opened a ticket with Amazon and nothing worked. To rule out the fact that it was my wi-fi network or issues with my Google mesh, I directly plugged in my Roku to the G1100, using an ethernet cable. And the alarm bells went off when I saw the same behavior. The Prime video app won't go beyond the loading screen, eventually time out and tell me that the internet connection was not found. And yet again, Netflix and YouTube worked fine. This past week, I took my Fire Stick to work, plugged it into the office's wifi network and boom! Everything worked like a charm, like it's supposed to.

So, after all the troubleshooting, I have reached a conclusion that this is indeed a FIOS issue. I have seen numerous other FIOS customers in Boston (where I am) using the G1100, complaining of this exact issue. Verizon, please look into it as I have offered proof that the issue is on your end. Your customer support folks over the phone are not technical enough to handle this (not that I'm blaming them) and nor are they aware of this issue. If this persists, I may have to take my business elsewhere as this is rather ridiculous.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS issues with Prime Video
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Gloinsstepson,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes