FIOS less than a month now site I visit daily blocked
molitar
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok with all the headaches and frustrations I have had with this service since I got it installed.   Now I find my nyaatorrents.org completely 100% blocked.. can ping ip but it appears port 80 is being blocked and site won't load.    Friends Brighthouse works fine, my cell phone Sprint works fine, cell phone to wireless router using WIFI does not work.  I'm getting tired of all the bull crap and they blame it on BOGON (bogus ip) if it was than all ISP would not be able to access it.. only FIOS.. what crap if they are going to filter than I want nothing to do with FIOS!

BTW I know it's a FIOS filter because when I use a proxy service I can get to the site fine.

Re: FIOS less than a month now site I visit daily blocked
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The site won't load on my end regardless of trying to directly connect to it, open it via my web server in Chicago (connected to several backbone providers) or via the HMA Proxy or Proxify proxy services. The Down for Everyone or Just me site is, however able to reach the site along with MegaProxy. It is clearly working but it looks like the problem is more on the datacenter's side of things than it is with Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS less than a month now site I visit daily blocked
houkou_onchi
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had problems with nyaatorrents.org and all it is doing is redirecting to nyaa.eu anyway. Ever since i stopped using nyaatorrents.org and just use nyaa.eu I have yet to have a problem with it loading.

It is possible it is to BOGON filters as you are in a newly assigned subnet that VZ took over as it works fine for me on Fios. If that is the case you could either try contacting peope at nyaatorrents (i would try #nyaatorrents on irc.rizon.net) or if that is too much trouble then try to get a new IP address.