FIOS mobile app on Ipad (IOS) uses up all available storage - over 50GB
SteveR701
Enthusiast - Level 1

FIOS Mobile app on iPad (IOS) uses up all available storage - over 50GB every few days.  The only option is to delete the app and then reinstall it to free up storage.  This does not happen on Android tablet.  When I re-install the app, it starts at 70MB of storage used.  Within half hour of watching TV, the storage usage has jumped to 494 mb.  Is there a setting to tell the app not to store whatever it is storing on the iPAd.    I called Tech Support and they tell me it is an iPad issue.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS mobile app on Ipad (IOS) uses up all available storage - over 50GB
jonjones1
Legend

@steverogers wrote:

FIOS Mobile app on iPad (IOS) uses up all available storage - over 50GB every few days.  The only option is to delete the app and then reinstall it to free up storage.  This does not happen on Android tablet.  When I re-install the app, it starts at 70MB of storage used.  Within half hour of watching TV, the storage usage has jumped to 494 mb.  Is there a setting to tell the app not to store whatever it is storing on the iPAd.    I called Tech Support and they tell me it is an iPad issue.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  Thank you.

I am going to assume your watching tv through the iPad? Not using the Fios app to pay your bill or see what you have on your internet.

in the app it's self there should be settings that tell it to clear the cache or how much space to use or even at what quality to stream. I don't use Fios for tv so I cannot say for sure. I do however use DirectTVNOW and Hulu or Amazon or Acorn TV on my iPads and I do not have these issues. 

You could post your question at the Apple Community Forums 

https://discussions.apple.com/welcome

And see if others have this issue or a solution.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Romero_Elliot

I have this very same issue. It takes all available free space than I keep getting interrupted by a space message asking me to clear some space constantly.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Romero_Elliot wrote:

I have this very same issue. It takes all available free space than I keep getting interrupted by a space message asking me to clear some space constantly.

Same issue would mean look at my answer.

Good Luck

0 Likes
SteveR701
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks very much for your reply.  I have posted the question in the Apple discussion community as well as you recommended.

Thanks,

Steve Rogers

0 Likes
lewittme

I too am having the same issue every few days I have to delete the app and reinstall to avoid being out of memory.  The fios mobile app on the ipad sucks up every byte you have available.  This has been going on for about 3 weeks after a update of the fios mobile app.  So I would atribute the issue to fios but I can understand if there were an existing flaw in the operating system that Fios did not access and then did after the update they could concievably blaim it on the ipad.  After some experimentation it seems to me that the memory leak occur while I am watching material stored on my DVR.  It does not seem to happen for other functions of the program.  

PS When I tried to report the issue I was blown off.  

0 Likes
lewittme

The memory leak occurs also while I watch live TV on the ipad in addition to when I watch recorded material from the DVR.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@lewittme wrote:

I too am having the same issue every few days I have to delete the app and reinstall to avoid being out of memory.  The fios mobile app on the ipad sucks up every byte you have available.  This has been going on for about 3 weeks after a update of the fios mobile app.  So I would atribute the issue to fios but I can understand if there were an existing flaw in the operating system that Fios did not access and then did after the update they could concievably blaim it on the ipad.  After some experimentation it seems to me that the memory leak occur while I am watching material stored on my DVR.  It does not seem to happen for other functions of the program.  

PS When I tried to report the issue I was blown off.  

The best way to troubleshoot this (both posters) is to watch Netflix or Amazon Prime or Acorn Tv or even DirectTVNOW if you have any of these services.

i don't have Verizon TV, but I have all the above services and none of them use that much space on my iPad or iPhones etc. I can also watch Hulu with no issues you mention.

i am going to say the Verizon App may be the issue. But as I told the last poster you could check the Support Community at http://www.apple.com there may be a fix from other Apple users.

do you have access to an android tablet? Does the same thing happen? Like I said you will have to try other devices.

0 Likes
SteveR701
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an android tablet and the FIOS TV mobile works flawlessly on that platform.  No issues whatsoever.   I was also blown off by the Verizon tech support technician.  They would not even consider doing a test themselves to see if the issue is real.  If they developed an app for the iPad I would assume they have access to an iPad to test / verify the issue we are reporting.  I suggested that and he would not even let me finish.  I will keep trying...

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@SteveR70 wrote:

I have an android tablet and the FIOS TV mobile works flawlessly on that platform.  No issues whatsoever.   I was also blown off by the Verizon tech support technician.  They would not even consider doing a test themselves to see if the issue is real.  If they developed an app for the iPad I would assume they have access to an iPad to test / verify the issue we are reporting.  I suggested that and he would not even let me finish.  I will keep trying...

Verizon may have made the app and submitted to Apple for downloading, but it would not be Apples responsibility to make sure it functions as it should.

As I said to try it on other devices and if it works on android devices then it is a glitch that it does not function as it should on iOS 

0 Likes