FIOS quality of all products dropping substantially
bfgcb
Enthusiast - Level 3

We were going to get upgraded to GB. We had appointments scheduled, but due to family issues (cancer, heart failure), and work schedules (on call, shift changes, etc), we had to reschedule several times. When we tried again, we were told the appointment had to be cancelled instead of rescheduled. Since then, in the last few weeks our FIOS TV quality has gone to something like one would see in a 3rd world country, internet speeds seem slow. connectivity is spotty, and most of the time when someone calls our home phone we do not hear the ring, the number does not display on our TV, nor on the telephone until they call again. On the second call it works fine WITHOUT US CHANGING ANYTHING.  One of our friends suggested that Verizon is intentionally causing issues to FORCE us to upgrade immediately to GB. I told him that was definitely not the case, that Verizon wouldn't do that, and if they did, they would be subject to legal consequences, which is yet another reason they wouldn't do such a thing.  NOTE: We WANTED the GB upgrade, just had many issues arising over the last few months that prevented us from completing the switch.

We attempted to contact VZ support support several times after the problems began , but evidently they've cut headcount so much that the minimum wait time is an hour, and when we tried the callback option, we didn't receive the call.

As much as we love(d) FIOS, difficulty getting customer support, and just poor quality of service, even on VZ's website (as I'm typing this, the web page is refreshing and displaying "Authentication Failed" above the subject, then resolving itself after about 45 seconds only to repeat 30 seconds or so later) are making us consider a different solution entirely.  As many households are switching to cell phone only, customer support is a key issue in retaining those of us who are still on landlines. 

The FIOS automated troubleshooter has returned inconsistent responses. Once it said there was a possible VZ issue but we never got to speak to a representative to determine the cause, another time it said there was a local issue (even though nothing had changed from the first time). 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS quality of all products dropping substantially
bfgcb
Enthusiast - Level 3

UPDATE: Since I can't count on getting callbacks, I just spend more than an hour on hold until I had to drop for another call. Ahh yes, lots of fun. 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS quality of all products dropping substantially
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi bfgcb,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes