FIOS router causing Wireless Printing Problems
7year

Changed my internet provider to FIOS from xFinity. Since then, my wireless printing on a iMac with OS 10.14 hasn't worked right. The printer is a HP Officejet Pro 8600. I get repeated messages that the printer isn't connected to the network. When I turn the printer off/turn, it starts printing. Then after a short period, the same problem repeats. When I check the iMac, it has connection to the router as does the HP printer. I have reset the router, the printer, turned off the sleep function on the printer, reinstalled the printer, and haven't found a solution. I use the router's 2.4 network, and it has a different name from the 5 network. Both the printer and iMac are on the same 2.4 network. Ping tests indicate connectivity ok. Also connected the printer directly to the iMac and printing works normally. Suspect something in the router is causing the problem. Had no wireless printing issues with the xFinity routers. Does anyone have a solution ?
Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS router causing Wireless Printing Problems
jonjones1
Legend

Just a thought, did you when reinstalling the printer use the drivers for ios? 

Since they list windows drivers. On a few friends machines i had to remove the whole printer drivers and assorted programs and i reloaded the items and the printers started working correctly again.

printers as a rule select the 2.4 ghz to connect to under wifi. You could assign an ip address in the routers settings and then the printer will always select that ip address.

sometimes when a device is using one ip address and its knocked off it, it should look for another ip automatically. This would keep your printer on your network.

look at the routers manual in the routers app. It will explain how to reserve an ip address.

7year

I did use the drivers for ios.

I have a FIOS router model FIOS-G1100; where would I find that manual ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@7year wrote:

I did use the drivers for ios.

I have a FIOS router model FIOS-G1100; where would I find that manual ?

Thanks.

When you enter 182.168.1.1 to access your routers interface, use the login and password from the routers sticker. After logged in you will see owners manual link.

or you can google fios Quantum Gateway G1100 user manual and get it that way.

i don’t use the crappy Quantum but a Netgear Nighthawk