FIOS router return after installing my own
NeedAnAnswer1

I replaced the FIOS Gateway G1100 router with my own. Can I drop off the FIOS router at a store? How soon will the $10 monthly rental charge be removed from my bill?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS router return after installing my own
JJKiv
Contributor - Level 1

Yes at any FIOS walk in store and also at some Wireless stores.  I have done it at a Verizon franchised retailer, not a Verizon operated store.  You can check locatioons near you that accept Fios equipment.  Check this link: 

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/account/manage-service/store-locations

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Don’t use any reseller under any circumstances. They do not have total access to your Fios account.

go to a Fios corporate location. Get a receipt nothing verbal. Then have them take off the rental fees via they calling with you present. 

0 Likes
JJKiv
Contributor - Level 1

@jonjones wrote:

Don’t use any reseller under any circumstances. They do not have total access to your Fios account.

go to a Fios corporate location. Get a receipt nothing verbal. Then have them take off the rental fees via they calling with you present. 

I don't know where you got that information from, but it is exactly opposite my actual experiences. I returned a rental router recently. I returned 4 boxes & a router when I quit Fios a little over 2 years ago.  On both occasions  the reseller (Verizon Wireless Franchise) were able to access my accounts & issue receipts and  Verizon acknowledged receiving the equipment within hours.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

I got that right from Verizon.

a reseller does not have access to any customer proprietary information. It’s for privacy and security reasons. The manager at the corporate store stated that.

and if you think about it, makes sense.

the store you used may have been a corporate owned store. I don’t know. But I don’t tell forum posters to go to resellers. It’s like returning a leased Ford back to a Chrysler dealer.

0 Likes
JJKiv
Contributor - Level 1

@jonjones wrote:

I got that right from Verizon.

a reseller does not have access to any customer proprietary information. It’s for privacy and security reasons. The manager at the corporate store stated that.

and if you think about it, makes sense.

the store you used may have been a corporate owned store. I don’t know. But I don’t tell forum posters to go to resellers. It’s like returning a leased Ford back to a Chrysler dealer.

NO. It wasn't a corporate store.  No it don't make sense.  Some corporate stores (Verizon Wirless) won't accept Fios returns.  There are 2 in my city and neither do. Some franchisers do and those are listed in the link I posted in my original post and 2 in my city do.  To put it simply everything you posted is WRONG.  That is my conclusion from ACTUAL expierience.  If you have had a different expeirence please say so.  If not, then please stop giving out bad information.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

We are not talking Verizon wireless. We are talking Verizon Fios so you are referencing the wrong service. Where I live we have a real Fios corporate store over in Stuyvesant Plaza, they take care of Fios only. Not wireless.

we have 4 corporate Verizon wireless store locations. They do not accept any Fios returns or requests for service or cancel Fios service.

we also have resellers like Best Buy and Target and BJ’s Wholesale clubs that sell Verizon wireless services, they also have no access to proprietary information that a corporate store location has.

your information is patently false. If any customer of FIOS not WIRELESS wants to call around to the stores (even in your link) they should ask before wasting their time.

I find your information may be bad or incorrect. It may not apply to every customer.

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/account/manage-service/store-locations

In the above link in NY where I reside there are two locations. So not as you state.

and the other states are the same. Sparse.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would also like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes