FIOS router without wifi option

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

FIOS router without wifi option

Message 1 of 2
(2,368 Views)

I currently have FIOS router Ultraline Series3 Model 9100E.  I am affected by Wifi and EMF waves and would like to have a router without Wifi since it currently sits in my home office where I spend a lot of time.  I have the capability to get Internet in another room in the house (without wifi) using PowerLine,  so would like to set up a separate simple Wireless router/hub (e.g. DLink) where basically it just provides the wifi connections.  The main purpose is to get the wifi farther away from where I spend so much time.  Also, I can then also turn off just the wifi at night,  currently I am turning off all Internet at night to reduce the Wifi/EMF while we sleep.

Does Verizon have such a router?

I guess another option is that maybe I can move the entire router to another room as long as it has a COAX connection. This may work, but I do not have the option to just turn off wifi at night.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: FIOS router without wifi option

Message 2 of 2
(2,333 Views)

VZ doesn't offer a router without wireless.

You can however, disable the radio on the Westell by going into your wireless settings and click the Disable Radio button.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: FIOS router without wifi option

Message 2 of 2
(2,334 Views)

VZ doesn't offer a router without wireless.

You can however, disable the radio on the Westell by going into your wireless settings and click the Disable Radio button.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.