FIOS router without wifi option
rsl1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently have FIOS router Ultraline Series3 Model 9100E.  I am affected by Wifi and EMF waves and would like to have a router without Wifi since it currently sits in my home office where I spend a lot of time.  I have the capability to get Internet in another room in the house (without wifi) using PowerLine,  so would like to set up a separate simple Wireless router/hub (e.g. DLink) where basically it just provides the wifi connections.  The main purpose is to get the wifi farther away from where I spend so much time.  Also, I can then also turn off just the wifi at night,  currently I am turning off all Internet at night to reduce the Wifi/EMF while we sleep.

Does Verizon have such a router?

I guess another option is that maybe I can move the entire router to another room as long as it has a COAX connection. This may work, but I do not have the option to just turn off wifi at night.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS router without wifi option
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

VZ doesn't offer a router without wireless.

You can however, disable the radio on the Westell by going into your wireless settings and click the Disable Radio button.

View solution in original post

Re: FIOS router without wifi option
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

VZ doesn't offer a router without wireless.

You can however, disable the radio on the Westell by going into your wireless settings and click the Disable Radio button.