FIOS still not available to me, but available to my neighbors
lblythe1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My neighbors have told me that they have been able to get FIOS at their houses, but Verizon has told me that FIOS is still not available at my house.  I thought that Verizon is supposed to make FIOS available to everyone.  At least some houses on all the surrounding block and my block have FIOS, but my next door neighbor and I have been told that it is not yet available to us.  Could it be that FIOS does not connect to houses that have underground wiring?  Is there something about FIOS that requires it to be only above ground?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS still not available to me, but available to my neighbors
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have Verizon phone service?

If not, try ordering that.

I have heard that getting phone service can help them recognize that fios is available to your address.

jonjones1
Legend

@lblythe wrote:

My neighbors have told me that they have been able to get FIOS at their houses, but Verizon has told me that FIOS is still not available at my house.  I thought that Verizon is supposed to make FIOS available to everyone.  At least some houses on all the surrounding block and my block have FIOS, but my next door neighbor and I have been told that it is not yet available to us.  Could it be that FIOS does not connect to houses that have underground wiring?  Is there something about FIOS that requires it to be only above ground?

The availability can be simply it has not been set up for it as of yet.

In my neighborhood two and a half years ago there was a push to get sign ups. We did not take verizon up on their offer for two years. We watched as neighbors signed up and and then after their contracts were up jumped back to TW cable.

The jumps were not due to bad service or speeds which are great. My neighbors just went based on non contract pricing. (repricing on renewal)

I would call Verizon locally and inquire as to service being started. I know that in my city Verizon just opened a Fios Store which is full service. Try and contact them and you may get your fios.

lblythe1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have both Verizon phone and Verizon high speed DSL (which is not very high speed).  FIOS is used by a neighbor who is only about 100 feet away from my house who has had it for more than 9 months. But, according to Verizon, it is not yet available at my house.  It really makes no sense.

0 Likes
lblythe1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My situation is different. When FIOS was working on our neighborhood, I signed up right away to be notified when it would be available. I checked every few months to see when it would be available. Each time I was told to sign up to get a notice when it would be available.  I did that three times.  However, your suggestion to go to a Verizon store in person is a good one.  I will try that.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lblythe,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes