FIOS: you have to pay the full month even if you cancelled service 1st day of the month
FioCustomer1234

According to one customer service supervisor, you have to pay the full month even if you cancelled your service the first day of the month.

Because  I had to move to another state, I cancelled my FIOS internet service in the middle of the month. I had been using FIOS internet for 3+ years before the cancelation.

However, I already paid the one month in full, but I didn't get any refund back. I called the customer service to inquire the situation, and encountered supervisor (Michael). First, the customer service said my service ran for the full month. I clarified that I called verizon to cancel the service in the middle of the month, and I returned the modem on the same day. 

Then, the supervisor (Michael) came in, and he told me  I had to pay for the full month regardless. I responded that it is not fair because that means a customer had to pay a full month even if she/he cancels the service on the first day of the month for legitimate reasons. I also said I don't know how you guys run PR with this kind of policy. In short, he was very cold and inpatient, and I am not sure he was honest.

So I went ahead and researched the verizon contract, and I encountered a nice customer service person (Jacobiya). She was really helpful and willing to put herself in a customer's shoes. Anyhow, she filed a claim for me, and I will keep you all updated with the status.

Except Jacobiya, the whole customer service experience was terrible. I was treated with an unfair policy, and I wasted a lot of time. I don't know how this Michael guy was hired the first place, and how he was even promoted to be a supervisor. But, as I have seen before, strange things can happen in a big corporation.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS: you have to pay the full month even if you cancelled service 1st day of the month
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes