Fairfax VA High Speed Internet very low speeds every Sunday now for past 3 weeks
dmwjr

Paying for 75/75 and for the past 3 weeks, every Sunday evening via speedtest and Verizon speedtest my speeds are 8/88 or within that range.  Only notice problem since Internet was slow.  Numerous hours spent on the telephone with Customer Service.  Last week, Verizon was scheduled to send a Tech person onsite to fix and 3 hours into the window of their scheduled arrival, i.e. between 1 and 5 p.m., 4 p.m., tech calls me and says resolved no need for visit.  Unacceptable, took day off.  NOW here I am again waiting on the Customer Service Line to fix low speeds.  A lousy $20 credit is unaccepatlbe.  Anyone else having issues??

0 Likes
Re: Fairfax VA High Speed Internet very low speeds every Sunday now for past 3 weeks
Sdsmith1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Leesburg customer here, almost same except it happens more than just Sunday.  Over course of last 10 days 4 evenings including today have been abyssmal.  Downloads are sporadic, basically even to Verizon speedtest never goes above 50M down, uploads are pegged at 150M.  if i go to another internet testing location through speedtest to location in Ashburn test results are rarely above 10M.  the fact is simple if we cant get linerate to Verizon servers its THEIR fault pure and simple.

Verizon you have a problem.  either you are getting DDoS'd or you are NOT providing the appropriate BW to your customers.  

0 Likes
Re: Fairfax VA High Speed Internet very low speeds every Sunday now for past 3 weeks
sbinh

Had same issue here in Fairfax City (Fair City Mall area).
Subscribed speed is 50/50, but for last few weeks, the down stream speed has been down to 10ish ... between 7:30 to midnight (about).  During day time, speed are NORMAL.

Had a chat with Verizon FIOS Rep, and got NO (zero, nada) help from that dude.  He seems to FOLLOW the book to answer / investigate the issue.

Just wonder what happens and when it would be FIXED?  Really tired of contact HELP DESK.

0 Likes
dmwjr

A January 7th update, now after 6 weeks of Internet speeds ranging from single digits up to the 75/75 plan my current plan.  Speeds since my last post both via Veizon Speedtest website and Speedtest website fluctuate daily and only a few times actually met the 75/75 speed.  Twice service representatives were scheduled to come to my home and both times after a telephone conversation with them, "we elevated the issue to our managers 'cause the issue is occuring throughout your area; so there is nothing I can fix at your home."  So they never actually showed at my residence.  My most recent conversation with Technical Support, a few days ago, "we reimbursed you for the difference between your previous plan and the 75/75 plan.  we are aware of the problem.  you still have Internet access and we reimbursed the difference, there is nothing more we can do."  The Verizon rep, abrubtly ended the phone call.  A radio advertisement this morning stated, "we guarantee our speeds and have a 90%+ customer satisfaction rating."  REALLY??

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello dmwjr

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
coair73x
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have noticed the slower speeds readout on speedtest.net and verizon speed test site here in Annandale also. The service still works fine and I have had no problems streaming HBOgo or playing Xbox games. I noticed that same complaint about the service in Dallas. Have you had issues that led you to test the speed results? 

0 Likes
rplatt1

Same issues here in 22033. From 7pm-11pm everything grinds to a halt. Wonder when they will add some more capacity to our area? For years I raved about my FIOS. At this point it is unusable at night for streaming. If they don't fix it soon I guess I'll have to look at alternatives.

0 Likes
dmwjr

An UPDATE...Verizon still has not resolved my internet speeds.  We are still paying for 75/75 and for the past two weeks we fluctuate all over the spectrum from as slow as 15 to 75.  Weekends and evenings are the worst; and those are the only times I regularly use the Internet.   I am asking Verizon again for a credit and charge us for 25/25 since when averaged out, that is the best speed we are receiving.  I cannot afford to give Verizon better testing or sit on the phone or message boards -  since like most of America, I work during the day.  Any assistance would be "greatly" appreciated since I am tired of taking my time to assist Verizon with an obvious problem.  Again I would like to stress I use Verizon's website site to to test the speed along with Speedtests.  Please Verizon, fix the problem on your end and contact the customer when complete.   My last discussion with Verizon - the region you live in has been affected with the same speed trouble.  We as a community need to validate the service before paying for a service we automatically may assume is being provided.  Thank you.

0 Likes
dmwjr

This has not been resolved, last word I am waiting on Verizon to resolve.  Any status please...thank you.

0 Likes
Not applicable

this is an ongoing issue that verizon is keeping in the dark, truth is i filed a complaint with the FCC and verizon stated they don't have the infastructure to support the amount of people they currently have and are still accepting onto their services, they continued on to say they will be adding new interconnections within 6 months. what's sad is they continue to be paid in full even though a good amount of us are not even getting 5% of the speed we're supposed to after the hours of 7pm-11pm. everyone should file complaints to the FCC if you wanna see improvements sooner rather than later.

0 Likes