False Advertising
bluardman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am livid over the murky business practices of all corporations including Verizon. When I signed up for FIOS I questioned the person at least FIVE TIMES about what the final monthly amount would be. They would not answer, stating that from state to state they could not tell what the tax amounts would be etc, etc, bla bla but I could expect between 10 to 15% in additional  charges. AT NO TIME ANYWHERE IN ALL THE ADS OR SPEAKING WITH A REP WAS I TOLD THAT THERE WOULD BE A 12 DOLLAR MONTHLY CHARGE FOR A BREAKOUT BOX. Mind you, I asked about final bill amount at least 5 times. You don't think they knew that there would be an extra 12 bucks on top of the whole thing? That is complete bull**bleep** and typical of how all high volume business is conducted today. This is why our society is going down the drain. I had to "read" no fewer than 6 multiple multiple pages of agreements and check off before getting ANYTHING. They have covered their **bleep** up to the neck but still can't let us know about the 12 additional dollars that they are going to charge for a box that costs them around $1.50. I HATE DEALING WITH CORPORATIONS AND AGREE WITH ANYONE WHO CHOOSES TO BECOME A HERMIT AND LIVE OFF THE GRID. I CAN'T EVEN EXPRESS HOW FRUSTRATING THIS IS. There is not enough foul language available for me to express my detestation at these companies.

Re: False Advertising
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Regards,

AnnieS

0 Likes
Lidge
Enthusiast - Level 3
Your answer seems to be the "stock answer" given to angry customers on this board. Can you please enlighten us as to why the customer support representative this person was dealing with never directed her to the "private support" you just mentioned? More generally, why is it always up to the paying customer to spend hours of their time troubleshooting and calling customer service when it is customer service who should be trained and tasked with resolving these issues?
0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3
Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.
0 Likes