Switch Account

Fast Internet Speed but Very Slow wired LAN speed

Fast Internet Speed but Very Slow wired LAN speed

Contributor Boobtube
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(277 Views)

My wired fios internet speed is almost 100mbs download, and 60mbs upload. From any pc. Just fine. But....my internal wired device-to-device speed is only 2.5mbs! That's constant whether Windows pc to Windows pc, Linux pc to Linux pc, Linux pc to Windows pc, any pc to my Buffalo NAS or NAS to pc. Always 2.5mbs. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 4
(200 Views)

Do you have any devices like a Circle with Disney or any wireless extenders in your network?

Contributor Boobtube
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(150 Views)

I have a Netgear wireless extender. Since this post I received info that I shouldn't rely on the Verizon router to act as a 1gig switch. I have moved all my wired devices to standalone switches, with the router on one of the ports. My LAN speed has now doubled

MVP CRobGauth MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4
(97 Views)

So I am confused.

You initially said your speed was 2.5Mbps.

You are saying it doubled with switches.
To 5 Mbps?

If so, it seems as though you still have an issue if your PCs and switches support 1G.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.