Re: Fast Upload, Slow Download
tjkoury

Same here, just started like this about 5 days ago during peak.  What's the deal?

0 Likes
skimike

What is also interesting about this, at least in my case, is that VOD services are unaffected.  I tested an HD stream from Verizon's VOD services and the video streamed at roughly 17Mbit/sec without any hiccups.

0 Likes
dctechie

I'm in the DC Area as well (Montgomery County) and having the exact same issue.  I called support last night and the agent was quick to fix the issue remotely, speeds were back to 75/75 standards.  

There was an outage later in the early morning (doing work until 2am!) and service was restored around 7:30 am.  Tonight I'm having the same download speed issue again 2.8/73 last speed test.

Going to call support again and see what's up.. 

0 Likes
Shmuby
Enthusiast - Level 2

This may help some of you, I got in touch with a representative via Chat and they seem to be aware of the issue:

{edited to comply with the guidelines}

0 Likes
Treeeater
Enthusiast - Level 3

I certainly don't want to sound pessimistic, but the conversation you just had with the representative is almost exactly the same I had with an online one on Saturday evening. He/She told me there's an outage and things will get fixed by the next morning.

I wake up and speed did get back to normal in the morning, but after that things went south quickly. I tried to contact them again and all I'm getting is please reboot router, check virus, etc. etc..

0 Likes
christenspi1

Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with a support guy down in Dallas, he informed me that my call was his 5th this evening all regarding the same exact issue.  Obviously more than a neighborhood issue requiring a router reboot.  I asked if he would please contact the regional network office and inform them, he is going to pass to his supervisor.  My tech is supposed to come out Thursday, but if the issue is not resolved tomorrow when I get home from work, they are getting another call.  Please give them time to troubleshoot and resolve the issue, but if you call support ask for the ticket to be elevated.

0 Likes
Shmuby
Enthusiast - Level 2

So posting my chat in the post above apparently violated their terms.  My problem is still not fixed, they said it would be within 24 hours.  They claim it will be restored by 9pm tonight.  My current speed is 13.67Mbps down/63.89Mbps up.

0 Likes
sumarlidason
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here, Rockville.

It was an overnight change; normally my connection is amazing. Since last week it has been dog slow.

I called support two days ago and after an hour of jumping through useless hoops, I elevated the issue to his manager and an "offline" ticket was created. I received a text shortly after with a promise of a fix by tonight, 3/10/15 by 8PM. I am not optimistic about an overnight fix -- but an acknowledgement of an issue would be comforting.

0 Likes
sumarlidason
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
Shmuby
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, my tracert's also seem to bog down on alter.net hops.  alter.net seems to be a network for verizon business customers owned by verizon.  Regardless, it's still their network.

0 Likes