Re: Fast Upload, Slow Download
schm096
Enthusiast - Level 2

You make a valid point, but here is a new wrinkle to using the Verizon SpeedTest.  After yesterday's debacle of being put on hold by customer service for 30+ minutes while waiting for a network engineer to run diagnostics, I ran the Verizon SpeedTest every few minutes to see if any progress was being made.  I go to use the test it this morning and this is what I get.

Apparently, Verizon doesn't want you to use their SpeedTest tool more than 30-times a day.

0 Likes
OUTAGEinVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

A new development.  Acording to "Ravi" the Outage is fixed.  However I'm still at 15Mbps/64Mbps instead of 50Mbps/50Mbps.

Atleast 15Mbps is usable.  Anyone else still having terrible download speeds?

0 Likes
Treeeater
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope, 50/50 customer still getting 7/50 now. Well, it was better than 3/50 yesterday, but who knows what'll happen 1 or 2 hours later

0 Likes
ashrader330
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am getting 10-12 Mbps down instead of 5-7 Mbps like I have the last few nights. I usally get 83 down. So no, it is not fixed.

0 Likes
ashrader330
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just did another online chat with a Verizon rep and it was the same thing as last night. There is a reported outage and the the network engineers are working on it.  Another "should be resolved in the next 24-48 hours".

I guess schm096 is right. Everybody needs to open trouble tickets with Verizon daily until their download speed is fixed. Doesn't seem to be much else we can do.

0 Likes
sumarlidason
Enthusiast - Level 3

I cant say that I ever paid this much attention; but im kinda like the matrix i need my internets.

I've automated speedtest.net with cron every 15 minutes, and databased the results since 12:45 today:

I'm 99.9% sure this wasn't happening last week.

0 Likes
rrajan
Enthusiast - Level 2

They closed my ticket saying this issue has been fixed. Are you kidding me Verizon?

0 Likes
Treeeater
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just FYI - my speed was 7/50 1 hour earlier, but now it's 2/50. Awesome! So glad it's been "FIXED"!

-- nova 50/50 user.

0 Likes
OUTAGEinVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

5/60 here now...  Question: if we only get 10% of our speed can we only pay 10% of our bill?

rrajan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Might as well change Verizon's campaign from speed match to speed flip

0 Likes