Re: Fast Upload, Slow Download
nathanw2

Download is up to 15 Mbps (11:51 PM) from 4 Mbps (8:30 PM) tonight in Fairfax, VA

0 Likes
KGB7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its 12:30am est and i had no issues all day since i got my speed back yesterday. 

Im in Rockville, MD.

0 Likes
OUTAGEinVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's 1:20 am EST, I've had problems all day.  Now, just like every other day I've had problems, it's back to full speed 56/64.  This pattern has happened for 5 days now... wonder how long it will take them to realize their inferstructure can't support the speeds they're offering during peak hours.

Also looks like the AMC login page for Verizon is broken too.

0 Likes
Logistik
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issue here in Southern California, Redlands.

0 Likes
KGB7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I personally suggest that you call them right when you start having issues. It needs to be documented in their system. Even if they schedule a tech visit 5 days from the day you called, ….keep calling them every single day for 5 days so they have a record. The more often and more people call, then they will take the issue more seriously to take steps to resolve the issue faster.

When you call, tell the Customer Service that you are giving them a friendly reminder that you are still having issues.

Don’t rip their heads off over the phone, CS are human beings, who have very little to no control over the issues….. So give them a break. Your yelling wont resolve the issue any faster, what will help is constant and consistent documentation that will be added to your account that there is an issue that needs to be resolved.

Also ask for credit towards your account every time you call them. Youll get few $$ off your next monthly bill.

As the old saying goes; you get more bees with a honey….

I know I know, you shouldn’t have to do any of those things, customer is always right because you pay $100 each month….   Try to walk a mile CS shoes

p.s.

When you do call, give CS as much detailed info as possible. The more info you provide the better. Because that info gets passed down to level 2-3 techs who are working towards resolving the issue.

You can always switch back to Comcast, but, their Customer service is garbage and you get talk to CS in India who read a cookie cut script. I was with Comcast for almost a decade, so i know first hand that their CS in India have same names.

0 Likes
sumarlidason
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea, im over due to phone them again. Whatever they did, they did it recently. I never had any issues, at least that i noticed until recent. a new graph,

ps, as the title of this thread suggests; they have made changes again as my upload is now reduced along with my download speeds,

- Rockville, MD

phillyjazz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently upgraded to 150/150. I used to have 75/35.  I actually GET 150/150 directly connected.  My WIRELESS download has dropped from 75-80 to about 50-60 but my wireless UPSTREAM is at or close to 150.

I just bought a high-end (Asus RT-Ac68U router,hoping that would help, but it is not MUCH better than the Verizon wireless.) 2.4 is a joke.  5MhZ gives decent response.

I actually am getting 75/150 using Netgear powerline Gigabit.  I understand there is a new 2GB powerline to release shortly.  That may solve my isssues.  My house is 100 years old, and running Cat5 is out of the question.

0 Likes
jml366
Enthusiast - Level 1

2GB powerline?

More info, please!

0 Likes
sumarlidason
Enthusiast - Level 3

2GB powerline?

He is referring to his internal network.

My connection tonight is holding strong so far,

0 Likes
nathanw2

How did you guys generate these graphs?

0 Likes