Fast iPhone battery drain after switching to Fios
Garen1

Hello everyone, new forum user is here. I’d like to hear your opinion about the very fast phone battery draining problem I start experiencing from the day one (since August 20th} after switching from Spectrum cable to  Fios internet service. I’m sure that the problem is related to that installation because my battery held the charge very well and usually I charge my iPhone 7 only once every 1.5 or 2 days. Now it takes just 4-5 hours to get from fully charged 100% to 35% without even using the phone. Any thoughts or suggestions on where should I look for the cause?

0 Likes
Re: Fast iPhone battery drain after switching to Fios
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

FiOS should have nothing to do with your battery drain. Go into your iPhone settings and scroll down and click Battery and you can change between 24 hrs and 7 days and see what apps are used the most. Click the little clock on the right and it will tell you on screen and background usage.

As far as charging goes they are different types of charges the smaller white iPhone charges give a slower charge than some of the bigger ones. If you look at the output rating they will be 5v and .5 or 1 amps and the faster chargers will be 5v and 2 amps.

0 Likes