Faster Internet
hey_moe1
Enthusiast - Level 3

My modem is upstairs and even when 5 foot from the router my speeds were either halk or a third of what I was paying for. I got the middle plan and shoulf be getting around 80. Downstairs and anywhere around the house was terrible. I is easier calling the White House and talking to Donald than trying to talk with a support tech. The ones I did talk to covered the stupid ideas I have ever heard of. Bottom line is Verizon routers are just plan junk. Enough on the rant..lol. I first brought a Netgear Night Mesh X6S Tri-band Wifi Mesh Extenter. 180.00 bucks which had a great write up buy really was a joke. I took it back and brought a ORBI AC 3000. WHAT A HUGE DIFFERENCE. The same speed I get hooked into a land line direct to my computer is the same I get in ANY part of my house including outside.image

0 Likes
Re: Faster Internet
jonjones1
Legend

WiFi connections will never be as fast as direct ethernet connection.

and I have seen this post more than once.

if you state the middle speed, what speed is it?

is it MOCA or ethernet? And you state you solved your own issue with a new Orbi 

so I am glad it all worked out.

0 Likes
Re: Faster Internet
hey_moe1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm paying for 80. The same speed I get for land line is now the same speed I get for wireless. Before no matter where in the house I went or if I was sitting in front of the router my speed was terrible. I have the wireless part of the Fios router shut down now and the Orbi runs all the wireless connections. I also have plenty of wireless things hooked to the Orbi and my speeds remain the same. I can finally go to our pool patio and enjoy watching HD TV and the internet.

0 Likes