Faster action from US Congress
Sir10

Moved recently.  Verizon put in a temporary line.  Took about 10 days to get the permanent line installed and buried.  About one week later, Verizon is doing something two houses away and cuts the Fios line.  So, the tech came out and put in another temporary line.  That was three weeks ago and it is still draped across my neighbor's fence and my backyard.  No effort by Verizon to put in the premanent line.  Last Wednesday I contact Verizon and ask when I might expect the line to be buried.  Well, Mohammed was mortified that it had not be done.  He gave me a ticket number and promised it would be done in 24-48 hrs.  Crickets/nothing.  So, I contact Verizon again today.  Guess what, no record of any appointment to bury the line... I had not been contacted.  BUT NOW, I have an ESCALATED TICKET NUMBER, whatever that means.  I know everything will be fine, because Mote said I will be contacted in 24 hrs.  I won't hold my breath.

0 Likes
Re: Faster action from US Congress
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sir10,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Getting line buried
Sir10

We are now on Step 5 of Verizon reconnecting a permanent line after they cut it 5 weeks ago.  Step 1:  Someone had to come out and measure the line. Step 2: Another had to come out and mark my backyard with white paint.  Step 3: Ms Utility came ou and marked the cable lines - orange paint.  Step 4:  Contractor came out and buried the permanent line - but they don't connect it. So, they need a step 5.

So, to ensure that Step 5 is completed before the snow comes, I go on My Fios chat line, because that's what the Verizon recording drills into your head.  I am on the chat line for 25 minutes, only to be told that the "backend (yes, that's how Verizon makes us feel) team" is closed and I need to call back at 12 a.m. (which I think is midnight where I am.}  Ok, not gonna do that.  While I was on the chat line, I hedged my bet and had called Verizon earlier and was on hold for 1 hour and 14 minutes.  Finally got connected to an agent and was told I will have to wait another 6 days to get the stupid line connected.  Is Comcast any better, hard not to be.

0 Likes