Faulty MI424WR Rev I?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Faulty MI424WR Rev I?

Message 1 of 3
(829 Views)

I haven't had the time to address this issue even though verizon had upgraded me to 50/50 from my original 25/25. My current set up is just internet at 50/50 with the router connected to the ONT directly via ethernet. No coax used. I went on speedtest.net and verizon.com/speedtest and checked the speeds. On the systems directly connected via ethernet cable to the router both systems get 25/60 (one built in 2015 and the other from the 2000's). Wirelessly my other systems get 25/40 or 50 depending on time of day (phones, tablet and connected computers and laptop).

I contacted verizon concerning their issue and they said my line was getting 75/75 on their end. The tech I was talking to said it was my modem. Do you guys think that is the case? I googled my router and it said it was rated for gigabit down.

Thanks in advance guys. And thanks verizon for extending my deal another year. Defeinitely saved me a headache looking for a better deal.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I

Re: Faulty MI424WR Rev I?

Message 2 of 3
(792 Views)

Verizon does not use modems. Routers only.

you could call them and ask for a replacement router or even a newer router.

verizons proprietary network will always show higher speeds. And of course that is what they determine if speeds are not up to par.

Good Luck 

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Faulty MI424WR Rev I?

Message 3 of 3
(788 Views)

Try a PC connected directly to ONT.

Make sure to do a DHCP release on rotuer before you move connection over.

Otherwise, it may take an hour or two before PC would get IP.

I have read some people reporting that they have driver issues on PCs that even though new, aren't getting the best speeds.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.