Fed up with FiOS
houndlover

I am so tired of the disconnections, slow speed, and e-mail problems that have plagued me ever since the Verizon workers had been on strike. I never had this many issues before they went on strike. Is this a coincidence, or are the workers trying to sabatage the company?

0 Likes
Re: Fed up with FiOS
aadam101
Enthusiast - Level 3

As far as I know, the FIOS employees never went on strike. Some Verizon phone line workers went on strike.  Are you using dial up?

0 Likes
FIOSCUST9182

We have been screwed by verizon FIOS over and over during the past 2 months.

1st FAILURE.  Mid week, our FIOS fails. Verzion does not dispatch a technician until Saturday.

When the technician arrives he says that our system failure appears as if due to some vandalism to external unit on our house. Very strange considering our neighborhood has zero history of vandalism or burgleries.

2nd FAILURE: Fios fails just 2.5 weeks later! There was a technician in our neighborhood that morning, and as soon as he left, our system failed! We called in for a technician and they claimed their earliest technician could be there sunday monrning. We called again and asked to speak to a supervisor and tell them this 2nd failure within 30 days was unnaceptable and we demanded a technican scheduled earlier than saturday. The supervisor's name was Matsuma. He told us he would personally see that a technician would serve us between 7-8am on saturday. The technician never showed up, and verizons response was merely that no one was present to take the dispatch! When the technician came on sunday, he confirmed that when a previous technician had installed fios for another customer they had in turn caused our FIOS to fail! What kind fo amateur **bleep** is this??

3rd FAILURE: Not 7 days after this last incident FIOS fails again! A technician is dispatched for Thursday. When the techician never shows and we contact Verizon they claimed, after beign on hold for 45 minutes while they 'inquired' into the dispatch, that the technician supposedly arrived and there was 'no one home' but for some unknown reason, did not bother to call us (as each technician had in the past)  when they were on their way to our home. Regardless of whether they could reach us or not, their work to be done was entirely on the verizon juinction boxes on the power cables, there is NO EXCUSE for a technician arriving to the scene and not exectuing the work. It sounded like verizon was lying to my face, and now the next technician was scheduled for this saturday. 

I am seriously considering switching to cable now. I am trying to reach someone in customer service with some real authority to rectify this situation and pro-rate our account for the days of lost service, not to mention time spent away from work to wait for 6 hours for a technician to arrive, or waiting 1 hour on hold to establish our system has failed and to get a technician.

This level of service and lack of quality control is typical of a 3rd rate company operating in a developing country, not from the largest telecommunications company in the country, in the hi-tech centre of north virginia, just miles from the nations capital.

Absoluteluy {word filter avoidance}  unacceptable.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@FIOSCUST9182 wrote:

We have been screwed by verizon FIOS over and over during the past 2 months.

1st FAILURE.  Mid week, our FIOS fails. Verzion does not dispatch a technician until Saturday.

When the technician arrives he says that our system failure appears as if due to some vandalism to external unit on our house. Very strange considering our neighborhood has zero history of vandalism or burgleries.

2nd FAILURE: Fios fails just 2.5 weeks later! There was a technician in our neighborhood that morning, and as soon as he left, our system failed! We called in for a technician and they claimed their earliest technician could be there sunday monrning. We called again and asked to speak to a supervisor and tell them this 2nd failure within 30 days was unnaceptable and we demanded a technican scheduled earlier than saturday. The supervisor's name was Matsuma. He told us he would personally see that a technician would serve us between 7-8am on saturday. The technician never showed up, and verizons response was merely that no one was present to take the dispatch! When the technician came on sunday, he confirmed that when a previous technician had installed fios for another customer they had in turn caused our FIOS to fail! What kind fo amateur **bleep** is this??

3rd FAILURE: Not 7 days after this last incident FIOS fails again! A technician is dispatched for Thursday. When the techician never shows and we contact Verizon they claimed, after beign on hold for 45 minutes while they 'inquired' into the dispatch, that the technician supposedly arrived and there was 'no one home' but for some unknown reason, did not bother to call us (as each technician had in the past)  when they were on their way to our home. Regardless of whether they could reach us or not, their work to be done was entirely on the verizon juinction boxes on the power cables, there is NO EXCUSE for a technician arriving to the scene and not exectuing the work. It sounded like verizon was lying to my face, and now the next technician was scheduled for this saturday. 

I am seriously considering switching to cable now. I am trying to reach someone in customer service with some real authority to rectify this situation and pro-rate our account for the days of lost service, not to mention time spent away from work to wait for 6 hours for a technician to arrive, or waiting 1 hour on hold to establish our system has failed and to get a technician.

This level of service and lack of quality control is typical of a 3rd rate company operating in a developing country, not from the largest telecommunications company in the country, in the hi-tech centre of north virginia, just miles from the nations capital.

Absoluteluy {word filter avoidance}  unacceptable.

0 Likes