Switch Account

FiOS 25/25 service, but receiving only 25/10 (if lucky)

FiOS 25/25 service, but receiving only 25/10 (if lucky)

SOLVED
Copper Contributor xhitman88x
Copper Contributor
Message 11 of 19
(6,744 Views)

Viafax, I understand that speed tests will vary, but for almost two weeks straight I have yet to upload over 1.1 megabytes/sec. This is true for all speed tests and file transfers to peers with 20+ megabit downstream capabilities. The only speedtest that showed me receiving over 10 megabits/sec upstream was the verizon one. I don't know why because it is very off point. I called tech support and they said to ask to reduce my account from 25/25 to 25/10 if available, and switch back to 25/25. They said this might have an effect. However, the network technician checked my connection from their end, and said I should be receiving 25/25. I'm not so upset. I just really like to get to the bottom of technical difficulties lol. Thanks for all your inputs. I hope we can find a solution because many of us are throwing money away not receiving what we are paying for =/ .

Copper Contributor
Message 12 of 19
(6,742 Views)

Magically it is working at full speeds for the first time since I got my service. I don't know how or why, but my problem is solved without me actually doing anything.

Contributor KhaosKnight8233
Contributor
Message 13 of 19
(6,737 Views)

I used to get my 20/20 all the time only varied a little bit.. But now I'm locked at around 6mbps for about 7 days just like poster above. Not worried though, will post again after I call Verizon.

Copper Contributor
Message 14 of 19
(6,732 Views)

Now I see that my connection is fully working that all the speedtests, such as speakesy and speedtest.net still show it under 8 megabits/sec. However, it's fully functioning. Which means that these speed tests are not reliable. I'm starting to believe the verizon fios speed test was the only accurate one all along.

Gold Contributor II Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II
Message 15 of 19
(6,614 Views)

Hmm, maybe they just make it up

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 16 of 19
(6,578 Views)

@Hitman.  My setup is FiOS 25/25 service.  Modem directly hooked up to my Xbox360 in my basement and running wirelessly on my laptop where I did my speed test. 

Today the test is

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/710528875.png[/IMG][/URL]

--
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
Copper Contributor
Message 17 of 19
(6,504 Views)

Capn..I'm sorry, but I lost my faith in those speedtests for faster connections like ours. They have their bandwidth limits just like we do. I test about 24.7/24.3 with the verizon fios speed test. Try that one out. If it's slower than expected, then you have an issue. http://www2.verizon.net/micro/speedtest/java/#

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 18 of 19
(6,371 Views)

13 Mbps DL

7 Mbps UL

from Verizon speed test, but if I hover over my internet connection icon in the task bar it says

Speed: 24 Mbps

Signal Strength: Very good

--
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
Highlighted
Contributor FiosLovingGuy
Contributor
Message 19 of 19
(6,319 Views)

Everyone, I have the solution. Here's the link:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/FIOS-25-25-UPLOAD-Speed-Problem-FIX/td-p/158645

As for the person above me, I believe you might be looking at your ethernet speed and not te actual speed, if I am correct.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.