FiOS 25/25 speeds not meeting expectations
DarrenC

Had FiOS installed yesterday and decided to test my speeds today.  Well I wasn't expecting 25/25 results but I didn't expect to see 3.5/6.2!!! 

I have used 5 different sites to test my speeds including Verizon's and it never went above 10 up or down.  And at one point it hit as low as 1.5 download.  I have tried to reset the ONT and the router but with no change in the results.  Verizon's website also said that my 1 year old laptop was optimal and needed no changes.

Frustrated new user in Maryland!!!

I know that the the contract says "Up to" for the speeds but can we at least get half of what I ordered?  Not that it would be acceptable for what Im paying for but It needs to be better than Comcast!!

0 Likes
Re: FiOS 25/25 speeds not meeting expectations
stereo55
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have somewhat a simular situation , but Ive been with Verizon FIOS for over 6yrs .

I just upgraded my old 5/2 package to 25/25 and my speeds are off also . My download is fine , but my upload has not changed one bit . As it stands Iam bearly getting 1.7-1.8 upload which is the exact same speed with my old 5/2 plan . Ive done everything and thensome (incliding powering down and resetting the ONT) . The worst part is today (sunday 4/25/10) I can not even get webpages to load without about a 3 minute wait (same for all the pc's/laptops in the house) . Doing the usual resets has had no effect .

Iam definitly calling Verizion on monday about this as Iam abit peeved this happens RIGHT after a new package and contract . Up until now Ive been pretty darn happy with my FIOS internet , but lately my internet speed has NOT been constant like it has been in the past . 

0 Likes
nXt1
Contributor - Level 1

Make sure you guys are connected with an ethernet cable and not doing your speedtests via WIFI.

Some sites to try:

http://www.speedtest.net and http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest?java=1

0 Likes
stereo55
Enthusiast - Level 3

I Always do testing hardwired . I did  however find a flaw in my DIR-655 router settings right now ( left over setting from my old 5/2 plan) , which has now improved my upload to 10mb . So on part of that = my bad .(and abit embarrassing) . Seems when I did a complete factory reset on my 655 the one setting stayed  from the old 5/2 settings and limits the upload . Gonna double re-check'em all now just to make sure all is correct and problem is not on my end any longer .

However , it still does not explain the long webpage delays Ive been getting lately (kinda like when a standard cable network gets congested)

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

its now monday so this is a little late. but you dont have to wait for a weekday to call tech support. they are open 24/7

0 Likes