Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

FiOS 25/25 speeds not meeting expectations

DarrenC
Contributor
Contributor

FiOS 25/25 speeds not meeting expectations

Message 1 of 5
(4,216 Views)

Had FiOS installed yesterday and decided to test my speeds today.  Well I wasn't expecting 25/25 results but I didn't expect to see 3.5/6.2!!! 

I have used 5 different sites to test my speeds including Verizon's and it never went above 10 up or down.  And at one point it hit as low as 1.5 download.  I have tried to reset the ONT and the router but with no change in the results.  Verizon's website also said that my 1 year old laptop was optimal and needed no changes.

Frustrated new user in Maryland!!!

I know that the the contract says "Up to" for the speeds but can we at least get half of what I ordered?  Not that it would be acceptable for what Im paying for but It needs to be better than Comcast!!

4 REPLIES 4
stereo55
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: FiOS 25/25 speeds not meeting expectations

Message 2 of 5
(4,211 Views)

I have somewhat a simular situation , but Ive been with Verizon FIOS for over 6yrs .

I just upgraded my old 5/2 package to 25/25 and my speeds are off also . My download is fine , but my upload has not changed one bit . As it stands Iam bearly getting 1.7-1.8 upload which is the exact same speed with my old 5/2 plan . Ive done everything and thensome (incliding powering down and resetting the ONT) . The worst part is today (sunday 4/25/10) I can not even get webpages to load without about a 3 minute wait (same for all the pc's/laptops in the house) . Doing the usual resets has had no effect .

Iam definitly calling Verizion on monday about this as Iam abit peeved this happens RIGHT after a new package and contract . Up until now Ive been pretty darn happy with my FIOS internet , but lately my internet speed has NOT been constant like it has been in the past . 

nXt
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(4,198 Views)

Make sure you guys are connected with an ethernet cable and not doing your speedtests via WIFI.

Some sites to try:

http://www.speedtest.net and http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest?java=1

stereo55
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(4,182 Views)

I Always do testing hardwired . I did  however find a flaw in my DIR-655 router settings right now ( left over setting from my old 5/2 plan) , which has now improved my upload to 10mb . So on part of that = my bad .(and abit embarrassing) . Seems when I did a complete factory reset on my 655 the one setting stayed  from the old 5/2 settings and limits the upload . Gonna double re-check'em all now just to make sure all is correct and problem is not on my end any longer .

However , it still does not explain the long webpage delays Ive been getting lately (kinda like when a standard cable network gets congested)

spacedebris
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 5 of 5
(4,117 Views)

its now monday so this is a little late. but you dont have to wait for a weekday to call tech support. they are open 24/7

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title