FiOS Availability
csxilin

Hello

I just want to ask this question with you guys.

My neighbor across the street just got FiOS installed. Will I be able to get FiOS installed as well?

I called, customer service just checks my address and said its not available at my location. sigh...

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Availability
abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes
csxilin

Yes

I have check the availability page

I typed in my address and there was no FiOS

and my neighbors address has.

Thank you

0 Likes
MDFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've seen this happen when the lines come from different directions. For instance, service lines run behind your houses so you aren't served by the same wires. If that's the case Vz may have run fiber to the pole / pedestal that serves your neighbor across the street but hasn't upgraded the lines that serve you yet.

Now if the poles / undground lines run down the street both sides "should" have the same access.

It's possible the on line page isn't updated correctly. I used the on line page to check availablity in my area after watching the fiber go in. It was still saying not available when the rep knocked on the door to see if I was interested in signing up.

I'd call them up.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

http://www22.verizon.com/about/community/pa/

this is also a really good link,  often times you can substitute the PA for whatever state you're in (IE  RI, NY, MA, MD etc)

towards the bottom you have a link FTTP Construction Locations

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

also if you find the right tech, they can submit the ticket to the engineers for investigation, but it's not a normal thing for them to do at all, and engineering appears to be an elusive entity hellbent on not talking directly with customers, especially if there isn't an order in the system,  (they leave that stuff for customer service and tech support)   

So if you can get word upto them, they can investigate, and then clear whatever flags are saying you don't have fios if you truly in fact "do" have fios in your neck of the woods.

then again you might be on a border, that doesn't have it. 

I am,  literally one side of the street has fios   and my side of the street doesn't.   so it's not uncommon.

0 Likes