FiOS G-1100 Simple port forwarding rule does not work
jjd2281

Some things never change...

I can create a simple port forward that for example maps external port 8080 to an internal port 8080 (8080 > 8080) and it works fine.

But if I create a port forwarding rule on the advanced tab to map a specific external port to a different internal port, for example 8080 > 3389, the rule is created and I can assign it to a server under port forwarding, buit it does NOT work. I'm a 20 year network professional so I assure you it's not user error. What is happening here? Is this Verizon's way of forcing me to pay to upgrade to a better router?

0 Likes
Re: FiOS G-1100 Simple port forwarding rule does not work
jonjones1
Legend

Verizon doesn’t have a better router. You have their best on G1100

if you switch to a better router line a Asus, Netgear or TP-link they do not offer support.

i recommend you get rid of the Quantum if you have internet only. If you have tv you would still need it or adapters to see the vod and guide.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS G-1100 Simple port forwarding rule does not work
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jjd2281 wrote:

Some things never change...

I can create a simple port forward that for example maps external port 8080 to an internal port 8080 (8080 > 8080) and it works fine.

But if I create a port forwarding rule on the advanced tab to map a specific external port to a different internal port, for example 8080 > 3389, the rule is created and I can assign it to a server under port forwarding, buit it does NOT work. I'm a 20 year network professional so I assure you it's not user error. What is happening here? Is this Verizon's way of forcing me to pay to upgrade to a better router?

Are you running FiOS in a business or is this your home? As the previous poster said this Verizon most up to date router. 

If your connection from the Verizon ONT is on ethernet you can use your own router. Which again  I would agree with previous poster you should use your own. 

0 Likes