FiOS G3200 Extender Fast Blinking Yellow Light
tdeprenda
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the G3100 Router and 2 G3200 Extenders in a 3 floor home. Main router is in basement and one extender on the 1st floor and the other on the second floor. I set up correctly and all were working fine for about a week or so. Yesterday the 1st floor extender started with a fast blinking yellow light which indicates that it is too close to the main router or poor wireless connection according to the color code key. It then goes to white solid after a few minutes. Happens constantly now. The 2nd floor extender stays solid white while this is happening. The main router is connected via coax and the others are wirelessly connected to main. Would switching each extender to coax fix this?Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FiOS G3200 Extender Fast Blinking Yellow Light
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. Connecting the extenders wireless is last resort. Connecting with coax or ethernet would be first choice. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. Connecting the extenders wireless is last resort. Connecting with coax or ethernet would be first choice. 

Rymcrss

I am having the same experience...periodically, I glance over at the Wirelessly connect extender in the basement ( first floor) which is connected to coaxed wired router on second floor, which is literally right above the wireless extender, blinks fast yellow but when I glance back maybe about a hour or so and its solid white. I noticed in a prior reply that this might be a setting that is causing this. This makes sense because my internet speed is consistently 400+. But want to get a confirmation from Vz that it is a setting as well as what that setting is or is this normal. Just want to make sure this is normal.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes