FiOS Installation Delay - Outside Box Full and NOT Being Upgraded
anchou333

Hello

I ordered for a FiOS installation to be completed last Tuesday. The installation was not completed due to the outside box being full in capacity. An outside department was suppose to have this box upgrade completed so that the installation technicians can complete their job. This has been incredibly frustrating for me and my family as we have had to travel an hour and a hafl everyday to this house location in order to be with the tech.

I have had 4 technicians come to my house all week and none of them have been able to complete their job since no one is upgrading box outside which divides the fiber optic ilnes to households.

1.  Tuesday (7/14): The first technician was unable to complete his job as all 12 lines are being used. He told us the box had to be upgraded. I was given a card for his manager, {edited for privacy} , who I called and left 3 messages. We were never given a reply back.

2.  Friday (7/17): The second technician came on to the house, but also started at square one. He was unable complete his job because the outside box had STILL not been worked on. He told us the engineers would be working throughout the weekend to upgrade the box, after which, a technician would arrive to our house again to complete the installation.

3.  Saturday (7/18): My family and I were given the usual email to arrive at our house to meet the technician. We waited there through the alloted schedule time and longer, assuming someone had worked overnight on the box upgrade. No one arrived. 

We talked to customer support and found out that a tech had came to our house earlier that day and STILL had not been able to find an open slot for the box outside and simply left. We were not given a call that no one was coming.

Speaking with the cusomter service, we found out that the first manager, {edited for privacy}, left earlier that week for vacation and dumpped the job on {edited for privacy}. Customer service could not give us his number, but said that they would have him call us back to remedy the situation. He never called us.

4.  Today (Sunday 7/19). I was given another email for a scheduled tech appointment for 11am-12pm. The tech for today, Randy, was kind enough to call us before hand and to visit the location at an earlier time. We specifically told him to check the outside box before working indoor. As one may have guessed, the box had not been worked on at all through the weekend. He gave us the number for his manager {edited for privacy}, but we were unable to leave a message as his voicebox was full.

tldr;

THE PROBLEM:

4 techs came to our house to try to install FiOS. The outside box is full and has not been upgraded throughout the week the techs came in -- even though the report for upgrade was made. Job cannot be complete. I've had to take a 1 1/2 hour drive to this location from my old house to visit each tech, and wait for hours every time.

NO ONE is working on upgrading the box outside and so no one can get anything done.

The managers are not doing their job.

WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN:

Someone needs to upgrade the box outside so that I can finally get internet running.

I work at home and internet is a requirement for my job. I am having to work from a remote location that is much more inconvenient to be in for whatever commutes I need.

FiOS Internet:

Order number: {edited for privacy}
0 Likes
Re: FiOS Installation Delay - Outside Box Full and NOT Being Upgraded
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi anchou333,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes