FiOS Internet Intermittently Goes Out
igorman64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since Hurricane Sandy flooded Staten Island and my ONT had to be replaced, I have had the internet drop out every couple of days or so. The only way to get it back seems to involve resetting the ONT. Reseting or restarting the router does not resolve the problem at all. Even connecting the router directly to the ONT via coax does not work. I have already contact Verizon through Live Chat and they were able to send me out a new REV. I router and a tech that replaced the ONT after the new router did not resolve the problem. After the ONT was replaced, I still had the same outage issues that only a reset of the ONT would fix. Also, TV and Phone still worked while the internet was down. One of the techs I've talked to mentioned some kind of glitches at the Central Office and said they were resolved, but I am still having the same issue. Lately, the router has been showing Cable Disconnected for WAN Coax instead of Waiting for DHCP Lease when the internet goes down, but everything goes back to normal when the ONT is reset. I've read in another thread here (Re: Intermittent problem Verizon cannot resolve - they suggest changing service providers?) that it might be some kind of software issue with the ONT and 75/35, which I have, but I have never had this issue before Sandy and the new ONT looks the same as the old one. I believe it is a Tellabs one, but I can check which model it is later, if needed. So, can anybody give me advice on what I should do or what could be the cause of the issue? I've noticed similar issues on other threads and it doesn't seem like any were resolved.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Internet Intermittently Goes Out
igorman64
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just checked and I have a Tellabs 612A SFH ONT. Can anyone confirm whether this ONT model is the one that is being referred to in the previous linked post? Maybe changing it out to a different model will fix the outages? I believe my neighborhood has GPON and BPON as I am able to upgrade to the 150/65 tier according to the Upgrade/Renewal Center.

0 Likes