FiOS Internet Plan 20/20
Barking_Pumpkin1
Enthusiast - Level 3
I live in Hampton Roads, VA and I've subscribed to the FiOS 20/20 plan but my NIC is a 10/100 card.  Am I paying for something I can never get with my installed NIC?  Does the 10/100 NIC mean I can only upload 10MEG per second and download 100 MEG per second?  Secondary to this is Verizon doesn't offer Verizon Triple Freedom with Extreme HD TV lineup with the 20/20 Internet plan.  Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FiOS Internet Plan 20/20
Barking_Pumpkin1
Enthusiast - Level 3
Okay.  That's good news.  thanks!  Now if only Verizon would offer Triple Freedom with Extreme HD TV and FiOS internet speeds of 20/20.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
--

Your NIC speed rating is symetrical, which means it can support what the number says in both directions.

In your case, when it says 10/100, it mean it can support a network that support 10Mbps up and down AND a network that supports 100Mbps up and down. All this is autosensing, so when your computer detects the router it will automatically switch to the correct network speed. You can manually change it, but I wouldn't recommend.

I hope that answers your question.

0 Likes
Barking_Pumpkin1
Enthusiast - Level 3
Okay.  That's good news.  thanks!  Now if only Verizon would offer Triple Freedom with Extreme HD TV and FiOS internet speeds of 20/20.
0 Likes