FiOS Internet Security Question.
maine1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have FiOS Internet Security.  My question is -  I just bought a new computer(it's coming tomorrow)  and it comes with Norton Internet Security loaded in it.   I think that I will probably have problems with FiOS Internet Security and the Norton Internet Security both on the computer (am I right???)   I really don't know, but it sounds like there will be a conflict.    Of course I want to keep the Verizon package.....as the Norton will run out in 15 months and then I will have to pay........  do I have to uninstall Norton, and if so.....how do I do that??   Help!!!!!

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FiOS Internet Security Question.
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you need to uninstall the Norton package before installing the Verizon Internet Security package.   On your new computer, before installing Verizon's package, you will need to go into the Control Panel and under the Program's section select Uninstall a Program and de-install all the Norton packages.  Once done, you'll need to reboot and before doing anything else install the Verizon package.

Under no circumstances should you try to install both programs simultaneously ... two anti-virus packages installed on the same machine will land you in a heap of issues.

View solution in original post

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you need to uninstall the Norton package before installing the Verizon Internet Security package.   On your new computer, before installing Verizon's package, you will need to go into the Control Panel and under the Program's section select Uninstall a Program and de-install all the Norton packages.  Once done, you'll need to reboot and before doing anything else install the Verizon package.

Under no circumstances should you try to install both programs simultaneously ... two anti-virus packages installed on the same machine will land you in a heap of issues.

maine1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply!

Oh I don't need any "heap of issues" I've got enough all on my own!!!  LOL

Thanks for the info.......I sort of figured that, but a couple of ppl told me that they do run two anti viris programs together with no probelms...  I'm not very computer savy, but I don't need any more problems, and it seems that the two would be in battle with one another so to speak!

Well thanks for the response, and the instructions on how to uninstall and let's hope I get all the Norton programs with the uninstall.

Have a great night!

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is never OK to run two Anti-virus programs on the same machine together at the same time. 

Some people have an anti-virus and an anti-malware which can under the right conditions co-exist, but in the case of anti-virus programs running on the same machine -- more is not better.