FiOS Keeps disconnecting
Ondigas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I am having the same problem that has been mention on this board, but with a twist.

I am a Verizon employee that works from home and rely on my 35/35 access.

Every day now, somewhere between 11AM and 1PM PST, my internet connection disconnects and then reconnects,it NEVER occurs in the AM or PM.

Like clockwork, I try to clean-up my calls (I have FDV) and data storage as quickly as possible in anticipation of losing the connection.

I have reported it a couple of times, but basically the Call Center  tech center really has no idea if its happening.

I was told that powering down my ONT will solve the problem, which it did, and also was told that it's because its hot outside and the heat is affecting the fiver (I know Better).

Can someone provide some real analysis of what is happening here?

Appreciate your efforts

John

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FiOS Keeps disconnecting
edcronin
Enthusiast - Level 2

We were having the same problem for seven months of dropped internet connection. To get the connection back we had to  reboot the router even when all lights on the router were green. We went through at least a dozen techs on the phone and six techs came to the house and could not fix the problem. A leprechaun named  James Murphy a Verizon tech finally fixed the problem of dropped internet connection. The "loop" in the cable that was attached to the side of the house he said was too small. He installed a new bracket , enlarged the "loop", and tapped up the cable. Since then we have not had a dropped internet connection.

All the techs before Jim concentrated on the equipment inside the house. The router was changed twice. New cable from the wall outlet to the router was installed.  New mother board was installed. A ethernet cable was installed from the control box to the router. It was then disconnected and later reconnected. They thought it could be our computers, iPads, or portable phones.

Mr Murphy's fix was quick and simple.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
chino123456

samething happen here. i ordered a new actiontech router thinking maybe something wrong with the router, samething. sometimes it works fine for whole 2 days , then got disconnected, i need to reboot the router to get it back up. its really annoying when you are away and nt able to access to your pc at home and there is no way to access router when its down. the only way to get it back is to manually restart the router. please verizon, give us the solution.

0 Likes
Should_I_Switch

I've had the same issue for a few months.  It happens all thorughout the day and into the night.   I thought it might be a bad router, but just replaced that and it's still dropping.  It seems to happen randomly and anywhere from 1 to several minutes at a time.

I was told there was a problem in our area and they're fixing it now, but i wonder if that's what's been happening these past two months...

0 Likes
anonymous24356
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has your electric company recently installed a new wireless meter?  I had this problem and forced VZ to send a technician to troubleshoot.  As soon as I described the problem he asked if theelectric company recently installed a new wireless meter.  They had and i noticed the problems started happening exactly then.

The fix is to move the VZ box(s) to be at least 2 ft away from the new meter.  Immediately solved the prob for me.

Live in the Dallas area FWIW 

0 Likes
JoeBoo24
Enthusiast - Level 2

John,

Just because you work for the company don't feel like you can't demand good service from FIOS. The techs you are talking to sound like **bleep**. They can see your call records and if this is an ongoing issue that has not been cleared up and you have called to report it they should dispatch a tech to look at your equipment. Something is causing the issue. I guarantee you that the NT's at the Fios center can see if you lose service (lanlos) and at what times . There is a pattern and rebooting is not working. Dispatch, !!!

0 Likes
edcronin
Enthusiast - Level 2

We were having the same problem for seven months of dropped internet connection. To get the connection back we had to  reboot the router even when all lights on the router were green. We went through at least a dozen techs on the phone and six techs came to the house and could not fix the problem. A leprechaun named  James Murphy a Verizon tech finally fixed the problem of dropped internet connection. The "loop" in the cable that was attached to the side of the house he said was too small. He installed a new bracket , enlarged the "loop", and tapped up the cable. Since then we have not had a dropped internet connection.

All the techs before Jim concentrated on the equipment inside the house. The router was changed twice. New cable from the wall outlet to the router was installed.  New mother board was installed. A ethernet cable was installed from the control box to the router. It was then disconnected and later reconnected. They thought it could be our computers, iPads, or portable phones.

Mr Murphy's fix was quick and simple.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes