FiOS Linksys Wireless Router Modle WRT 54G PPPoE Configuration
C141Navigator

I want to replace my D-Link Router (no wireless) with a Linksys wireless router.  I noticed that the D-Link router PPPoE configuration includes an ID (newdsluser) and a password (hidden, and set when the technician installed my FiOS service).  Do i need an ID and Password to configure the PPPoE settings in the Linksys router to connect to the FiOS service?  If so, where do i find those?  The support area on verizon.net hasn't been any help at all!  If anybody else out there has configured a Linksys wireless router for FiOS connectivity, would appreciate any configuration tips you could pass on.

Many thanks for the helping hand!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FiOS Linksys Wireless Router Modle WRT 54G PPPoE Configuration
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If the PPPoE info is set to newdsluser, then you are probably on what is called "Open PPPoE" - This means that you have to authenticate, but any authentication info will work. Make sure to put something in both the username and password fields, and you should be good to go. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If the PPPoE info is set to newdsluser, then you are probably on what is called "Open PPPoE" - This means that you have to authenticate, but any authentication info will work. Make sure to put something in both the username and password fields, and you should be good to go. 

0 Likes
C141Navigator

Awesome, your recommendation worked like a champ!

Many thanks for the quick reply and info.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Happy to be of assistance! Smiley Happy

0 Likes