FiOS Network Extender Help
JamesFridans

I recently received a FiOS Network Extender (WCB6200Q) but I am having trouble setting it up.

I think it may have to do with the way that the coax cables with the router is set up, so I'll explain it here if anyone can see if something is wrong. I have no knowledge of coax cables or anything so I just tried using my own logic to set it up.

I have a DirecTV SWiM plugged in that had a signal port that was plugged into a DirecTV splitter - one wire went with a bunch of other cables (I don't know where but I think they not be important, either way I can't access them) - and the other was connected to a hub that is used for my DirecTV genie system (requires internet). My router didn't have a coax connected to it, so I unplugged the cable that was connected to the genie hub from the DirecTV splitter, and I replaced it with a coax cable that I plugged into the splitter that came with the Network Extender, and that splitter connects to both the genie hub and the FiOS router. The genie hub network light was red when I unplugged it and turned yellow (on/functioning) when I plugged the coax cable in, so the coax cable is working, right? However, the Network Extender still fails to get any signal. Can I not use something for DirecTV?

The extender has all the correct lights and they seem to be working correctly. Whenever I try to connect to the 2.4 or 5G networks, the lights flash, but I still don't receive any signal, same with when I connected an ethernet cable to the extender, my computer does not recognize it and says it's an unidentified network with no internet. When I tried to connect to it with my phone, I saw under the DHCP and BootP tabs that I have an IP address and a subnet mask (only), so that means it is working and I'm just not getting any signal, right?

Does anyone know what's happening? Did I follow this process correctly? I did notice just now that the guide says "wait for the lights on the front to turn green" but they are yellow (no I am not colorblind, the light on the top is green), does that mean anything? Thanks for reading, please reply if I didn't explain something clearly.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Network Extender Help
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hope this leads to your answer

https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/internet/fios/network-extender/wcb6200q-faqs

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

0 Likes