FiOS Quantum Gateway - Edit Port Forwarding Entries
toxicman
Enthusiast - Level 2

New to FiOS. Installer provided the new Quantum Gateway. 

Can't seem to figure out how to edit Port Forward entries on this gateway.  Seems I can only add or delete them.  But once created, no way to edit them to change. So to change anything, I have to delete the existing entry and recreate it.  Pain in the ARSE.

Many other awefull interface usage issues on this gateway.  Definately a lot of room for improvement. 

...Also couldn't find anywhere to update firmware, so I'm guessing Verizon has no plans to ever release updates for this gateway...

Can't Edit DHCP Address Reservations

Can't Edit Port Foward assignments

Can't Release Address Reservations

Can't Convert DHCP Lease to a Reservation AND change the IP you'd like to assign (can convert to a reservation, but only using the IP dynamically assigned originally)

Can't sort tables

Sorting appears to always be based on MAC address, can't sort by IP or Name.

Am I missing something?

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Quantum Gateway - Edit Port Forwarding Entries
toxicman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Guess I'm alone on this.  Not many of you have this model of gateway yet I suspect...

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Toxicman,

Are you still having this issue?  If you are, can you send us a Private Message so we can get some of your account details to assist?

~Jess

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@toxicman wrote:

New to FiOS. Installer provided the new Quantum Gateway. 

Can't seem to figure out how to edit Port Forward entries on this gateway.  Seems I can only add or delete them.  But once created, no way to edit them to change. So to change anything, I have to delete the existing entry and recreate it.  Pain in the ARSE.

Many other awefull interface usage issues on this gateway.  Definately a lot of room for improvement. 

...Also couldn't find anywhere to update firmware, so I'm guessing Verizon has no plans to ever release updates for this gateway...

Can't Edit DHCP Address Reservations

Can't Edit Port Foward assignments

Can't Release Address Reservations

Can't Convert DHCP Lease to a Reservation AND change the IP you'd like to assign (can convert to a reservation, but only using the IP dynamically assigned originally)

Can't sort tables

Sorting appears to always be based on MAC address, can't sort by IP or Name.

Am I missing something?

You don't mention what router it is you have.

If it's the new Actiontec rev I you are quite correct - there is no apparent way to edit PF rules -  totally user unfriendly

0 Likes
toxicman
Enthusiast - Level 2
The router is the Quantum Gateway. Not an action tech. Don't know who makes this.
0 Likes
toxicman
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yes jess. I am. If could simply post the instructions here to benefit all the readers of this thread that would be great. I don't think a call is needed.
0 Likes
MickeyS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same router and the only way I did it was by disconnecting the STB's and then hard reset the router with the red button in the back of the router. 

0 Likes
MerrickJoe

Jess,

I'm having port forwarding issues to with the quantum router.

Can you get a hold of me?  I don't know how to pm you.

0 Likes
BradenMcDaniel
Enthusiast - Level 3

The user guide for this router (understandable if you haven't discovered it) covers port forwarding.

The UI is indeed a bit awkward; but it does work.

0 Likes
Apesbrain1
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Advanced Port Forwarding page has more settings than I'm used to with my previous Netgear router.  Say I want any incoming WAN HTTP requests on 8080 to go to a server on my network and simply get a reply.  How would I set that up?  Thanks.

0 Likes