Re: FiOS Quantum Gateway - Edit Port Forwarding Entries
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Apesbrain wrote:

The Advanced Port Forwarding page has more settings than I'm used to with my previous Netgear router.  Say I want any incoming WAN HTTP requests on 8080 to go to a server on my network and simply get a reply.  How would I set that up?  Thanks.

You would expect the pf list entry to say for example

Server ip address (or name)    TCP Any -> 8080      All Broadband Devices       Active

Where the first entry is the ip address (or name) of your server and you would set TCP any -> 8080

It's on page 98 of the user manual which can be found at

https://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/verizonfqg_userguide150121.pdf

0 Likes
Apesbrain1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for your reply.  I've followed your instructions exactly but all incoming requests go to the login page of my router rather than get a reply from my web server.  What am I missing?

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

That may be because the router by default is set for port 8080 to be the remote access to login.  Either try another port, like 80 maybe, or go into the router and change the remote access login to a different port, 

Personally I would leave the remote access at port 8080 and use a different listener on the internal server as by default remote access is turned off

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure my previous response was correct.  Port 8080 is the secondary remote admin login so shouldn't be an issue.

Here is a list of the PF rules on my verizon router.

You'll see that the first of the rules that is mine redirect ports 8280, 21 80 and 2280 to address 192.168.1.254 - that actually is the address of a scodary router that has three web servers aattached to its subnet and has it's own set of pf rules to redirect to 3 different ip addresses on theat subnet

Further down you can see a pf rule to allow access to port 1489.  It is directing that the listener will be on ip address 192.168.1.14 however the listener will be on port 3389 (RDP) so basically allowing access to a remote desktop on an internal machine and soewhat obscuring the access port by using a no standard port on the outside and redirecting it on the inside.

0 Likes
Apesbrain1
Enthusiast - Level 3

"I'm not sure my previous response was correct."

It worked for me.  Changed my default listening port to 80 and all is good.  Thanks for your reply.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad it worked out for you.  I added a couple of other comments about what my PF rules were doing

They are somewhat meaningless now anyway as I changed the gateway router to my own router and relegated the Verizon router to just be handling the STBs

0 Likes