Re: FiOS Quantum Gateway Router - Intermittent Dropped Connections
webphil

I encounter the same problem. usually every 3 to 4 weeks, I pull the power for a few minutes, then replug and I'm good to go for another 3 to 4 weeks. However, this time, I had to do it twice. The first power unplug cycle returned a solid red earth.

But identical situation. I randomly lose connection while surfing. check other devices, they have lost connection. solid white on earth and wireless. green light on back.

0 Likes
jucluva

I just got the same router, it keeps dropping different devices and on multiple occasions not allowing you to connect even if you inputted the correct password.  Also what is with the 5 device limit?  Something definitely wrong with this router, i hope Verizon puts foward a solution soon, or I will have to return this router.

0 Likes
AnnieP21
I just got this router and incredibly disappointed!! I had the Arcotec.. Excuse my spelling and was having intermittent problems with that but this new a Gateway is herendous!!! I can't believe they charge you a 199 for this. Wifi signal lost constantly. Called tech support.. Now they want to charge me 75 bucks for an extender that they say will help.. Optimum looking better all the time!! Very frustrated.
0 Likes
Texman02
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been a problem for me as well. We have quite a few wireless devices mostly apple products and the connection will drop in the same manner. Each time i have to "forget the connection" on my iphone and retype the password, and it usually connects. It is the strangest thing, it seems like the router will not let devices re-link after a period of time especially if the device goes to sleep. Our iphones and ipads have not been backing up because the connection drops at some point during the night. I replaced my first gateway router with a new gateway router left by a tech last night.  I sure hope verizon gets this router figured out, because when it works it is awesome getting 75/75  speed. There has to be a way to fix this issue if not then Verizon needs to find a replacement router that will be capable of handling multiple devices and stay connected. 

0 Likes
Cy11
Cy, here again. Still having the issue I previously reported here on 1/15, I think. After coming to terms and repeatedly power cycling my router when loses connectivity, I call VZ again and they offered to switch out my router again. I told the they did that before and it didn't help. They suggest changing the ONT in my garage. I told them that too was changed and it didn't help. They told me the next thing was to change the Ethernet cable from the ONT to the router. I opted to have a tech sent out and the tech came and switched the connection from the ONT to coaxial. He indicated the issue had to do with the Quantum Gateway router, ONT and the Ethernet connection. He said its a know issue and the fix is to use Coaxial instead of Ethernet (cat5e). I will watch to see if this resolves the issue and report back. I have my doubts thou especially since they had to send someone out to do this. I could have done that had Tech support told me that. I think it's just there way of trying something else. Even though if the issue was with the Ethernet cable, going to coaxial would work. I hope I am not missing out by moving from Ethernet to coaxial.
0 Likes
Kevhodges
I've had the same problem for months now. Now Verizon is sending me a replacement quantum router. I bought the first one thinking it would be fast and have long range but all it does is drop my wifi connections to my iPhone and iPad and my wife's.

I've tried everything. I've noticed that my dell laptop never drops the connection so I was thinking it's a conflict with this new quantum router and iOS devices. Would be nice to figure this out. When I called Verizon for about the 6th time last night, they are just stumped and say we will send you another router.
0 Likes
hilbin

I think there is a defect design in the quantum router, so replacing the quantum router will not resolve this issue. Downgrade to the old verizon router will resolve this issue.

0 Likes
hilbin

Reset the router resolved this problem. I haved tested it for around 30 minutes, it worked fine for now.

0 Likes
Preacherpaul

I have had similiar experiences as everyone as described.  I just upgraded from 50/50 to 75/75.  I was sent the new gateway router.  Since installing it  my signal is not consistent and the quality of the streaming at times seriously degrades.

The Wife Inidicator is flashing clear white all the time.

It periodically goes to flashing red.

The Netflix takes a long time to buffer up its quality.

I am streaming to a pair of Samsung Smart TVs.  Also on the network are two iphones and a kindle.

Tech support had me to a reset of the router.  She could not tell me anything about the red flashing light but did say I might have too many devices on the network.  When asked why did I upgrade and I didn't have this problem before.  She was speechless.

So I am frustrated.

I am attaching the router using the coax that I was using on the previous rotuer.

0 Likes
Rothschilda
I am still constantly being disconnected ever since "upgrading" to the new Fios Quantum Gateway G1100 router. Are there any solutions to this? I have tried Port Triggering, Port Forwarding, DMZ, Static IP, Manual IP, Manually DNS...but NOTHING works. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
0 Likes