×

Switch Account

FiOS Quantum Gateway for $99.99

FiOS Quantum Gateway for $99.99

Reply
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Posts: 49
Registered: ‎10-26-2014
Message 1 of 12
(4,938 Views)

??????

11 REPLIES 11
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Posts: 628
Registered: ‎06-06-2014
Message 2 of 12
(4,934 Views)

What's the question about? Yes they are offering it for $99 right now until 1/17/15.

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Posts: 49
Registered: ‎10-26-2014
Message 3 of 12
(4,921 Views)

Are people happier moving "up" from the FiOS Advanced Wi-Fi Router to the FiOS Quantum Gateway?

It's probably $99 because people are slow to adopt it?

Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Posts: 628
Registered: ‎06-06-2014
Message 4 of 12
(4,886 Views)

@ike71 wrote:

Are people happier moving "up" from the FiOS Advanced Wi-Fi Router to the FiOS Quantum Gateway?

It's probably $99 because people are slow to adopt it?


A lot of people are happier moving up yes if they need or want the AC/dual band, but there are some who aren't who say they have issues with loosing connections or having issues with the quantum vms's/ipc's or the advanced users who say it lacks special features. I have no issues with it myself and am very happy with it as I can get full speeds on wifi. 

I highly doubt it's $99 for that reason. Most likely they just want to push out as many as they can right now. It's better to push larger quantities at a lower price then little at a higher price.

A lot of people still have no idea the new router is even available.

Copper Contributor mfloydc
Copper Contributor
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎12-17-2014
Message 5 of 12
(4,868 Views)
Not happy about paying 99.99 for a router that should be provided free, as has been until recently. Verizon=GREED.
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 5,175
Registered: ‎08-05-2008
Message 6 of 12
(4,853 Views)

About a month ago I replaced my Actiontec Rev. I router with the new Quantum router, not a moments problem with it. Only tiny little nit with it is that it doesn't have any "flashing lights" on the front panel so I can't see the activity on my network at a glance Smiley Very Happy

 

Seriously, I am completely satisfied with the Quantum router, meets my needs, at least so far.

 

__________________________________
Justin
FiOS TV: Extreme HD, Internet: 50/50, Digital Voice
VMS Enhanced Service: 1 server, 2 clients
Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Posts: 628
Registered: ‎06-06-2014
Message 7 of 12
(4,827 Views)

@mfloydc wrote:
Not happy about paying 99.99 for a router that should be provided free, as has been until recently. Verizon=GREED.

Actually only pre Rev. i models were provided to customers to "borrow". Nothing was ever "free". The Rev. i was also being sold for $99 and there was no way around that until recently with the release of the new Gateway where they do offer free upgrades to the rev. i in most cases. How is it greed when they have to pay for each router (more then what they are charging customers) themselves? They have to make money back somehow...unless you'd rather pay higher prices for fios in general. If you ran a business and gave things away for free to millions of customers that you spent money on you'd be out of business in no time.

Also, you don't have to buy it. You can rent it currently for $6.99 a month or get your own 3rd party router. The Rev. i is all that is required for quantum tv. The gateway isn't required for anything.

 

Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Posts: 628
Registered: ‎06-06-2014
Message 8 of 12
(4,826 Views)

@Justin wrote:

Only tiny little nit with it is that it doesn't have any "flashing lights" on the front panel so I can't see the activity on my network at a glance Smiley Very Happy

 

Seriously, I am completely satisfied with the Quantum router, meets my needs, at least so far.

 

 


 

I noticed that when I first got it myself, but then thought if anyone stays over in my spare bedroom they won't be annoyed by the flashing lights. lol

 

Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Posts: 2,153
Registered: ‎11-10-2009
Message 9 of 12
(4,706 Views)

@SinCara wrote:

@mfloydc wrote:
Not happy about paying 99.99 for a router that should be provided free, as has been until recently. Verizon=GREED.

Actually only pre Rev. i models were provided to customers to "borrow". Nothing was ever "free". The Rev. i was also being sold for $99 and there was no way around that until recently with the release of the new Gateway where they do offer free upgrades to the rev. i in most cases. How is it greed when they have to pay for each router (more then what they are charging customers) themselves? They have to make money back somehow...unless you'd rather pay higher prices for fios in general. If you ran a business and gave things away for free to millions of customers that you spent money on you'd be out of business in no time.

Also, you don't have to buy it. You can rent it currently for $6.99 a month or get your own 3rd party router. The Rev. i is all that is required for quantum tv. The gateway isn't required for anything.

 


I have a rev I

I not paying rental, neither did I buy it.

 

In reality I think the ancient Westell 910EM it replaced was a better router.

 

 

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 7,360
Registered: ‎12-15-2010
Message 10 of 12
(4,701 Views)

@viafax999 wrote:
I have a rev I

I not paying rental, neither did I buy it.

 

In reality I think the ancient Westell 910EM it replaced was a better router.

  


The Westell Gateways for FiOS certainly held up for a long time, I can agree with that. Westell products in general, were solid. I have a Westell C90-6100 DSL modem that is around 10 years old, and it's still working well. Best modem I've ever used out of the collection of modems I have.

 

The Westells were given out around the time Verizon was issuing ActionTec MI424WR Rev. D and older units still. Many of us can remember the NAT table problems that stemmed from running Steam or Torrents on the Rev. D before the firmware was fixed up a bit.

How-To Videos
 
The following videos were produced by users like you!
   
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.


Browse Categories
Categories:
Posts

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.