FiOS QuantumTM Gateway is a joke!
scottmcburn

I recently "upgraded" to the new fios quantum gateway because it was suggesed that my wireless speed and range would improve. I have a 75/75 conection and was using the free router that I got two years ago when I signed up. I have many connected devices, so the dual band sounded like a good idea, so I plunked down my $200 for the latest and greatest. Well let me tell you, please DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! I have a wireless tv that sits two floors underneath (no more than 100ft.), my new router. I stream Netflix and with the old router, i got kicked off ,maybe once a month. this piece of junk cant even keep a stable connection!!! I have called and called customer support, they have issued tickets on two occaisions and nothing was resolved, they just send a text after a few days saying that the ticket is closed, the problem has been resolved. They were supposed to call me on 2/23/15 at 1030am with a tech on the line to try and fix this, I stayed home from work, and received no call whatsoever.Tthen on 2/26/15 they left a message that the problem has been resolved again.....nothing...on a 75mbps service, I should be getting at least 25-30mbps wirelessly...I am getting on a good day...15mbps. I hope someone from Verizon monitors this because its a shame the money I spend every month is not getting me anywhere near the sevice I should be getting, they will not send a tech out to help me either...thans Verizon for being the number 1 provider in my area!!!!

0 Likes
Re: FiOS QuantumTM Gateway is a joke!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes