FiOS Triple play with Windows XP slow?
gater_raider

I seem to have a problem with FiOS Internet on my machine, which is running Windows XP. Slow response from browsers and FREQUENT lock-ups (both IE and Firefox). It's extremely frustrating! I had Verizon DSL before and never had such problems. The installer assured me XP was OK.

I don't have a lot of other programs runiing in the background and meticulous on keeping up with my antivirus and antimalware. All I can think of is my operating system might not be up to snuff. Anyone else out there have issues with FiOS and XP?

Thanks,

GR

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Triple play with Windows XP slow?
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

It's hard to guess what your problem might be without more information, but I'm running a desktop PC and a Dell laptop, both with XP Pro SP3.  I have no problem using IE8 or Firefox on either machine.

Did the FiOS installer install any software on your PC?  If so, I suggest you uninstall it.  It's not necessary.

Where are you located?  What kind of pings do you get to a server like dslreports.com?

Does the problem you're describing happen when accessing particular websites, or all of them?

What speeds do you see at the FiOS speed test:  http://my.verizon.com/micro/speedtest/broadband/

and what speeds and pings do you get at speedtest.net?

For starters.  🙂