Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

FiOS Triple play with Windows XP slow?

gater_raider
Contributor
Contributor

FiOS Triple play with Windows XP slow?

Message 1 of 2
(2,833 Views)

I seem to have a problem with FiOS Internet on my machine, which is running Windows XP. Slow response from browsers and FREQUENT lock-ups (both IE and Firefox). It's extremely frustrating! I had Verizon DSL before and never had such problems. The installer assured me XP was OK.

I don't have a lot of other programs runiing in the background and meticulous on keeping up with my antivirus and antimalware. All I can think of is my operating system might not be up to snuff. Anyone else out there have issues with FiOS and XP?

Thanks,

GR

1 REPLY 1
eljefe
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: FiOS Triple play with Windows XP slow?

Message 2 of 2
(2,794 Views)

It's hard to guess what your problem might be without more information, but I'm running a desktop PC and a Dell laptop, both with XP Pro SP3.  I have no problem using IE8 or Firefox on either machine.

Did the FiOS installer install any software on your PC?  If so, I suggest you uninstall it.  It's not necessary.

Where are you located?  What kind of pings do you get to a server like dslreports.com?

Does the problem you're describing happen when accessing particular websites, or all of them?

What speeds do you see at the FiOS speed test:  http://my.verizon.com/micro/speedtest/broadband/

and what speeds and pings do you get at speedtest.net?

For starters.  🙂

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.