FiOS WiFi is horrible
ajl516

I as well as other people I kinow keep getting WIFI disconnected on all our devices. ALso, having issues with wired ethernet connection as it keeps needing to be reset using "ipconfig /renew" command. Tried everything, including a nrew Actiontech router, contacted ethernet card manufacturer all to no avail. Common denominator is Verizon FIOS and I susopect it is security issues in Windoes 8 that  they will not acknowlege or address. I am ready to get rid of FIOS as it is getting worst every year.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS WiFi is horrible
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Hi there,  alot of folks that have wireless problems can normally fix that up with the verizon support software, and you can download that at www.verizon.com/connect.

BUT if it's both, like you are saying, then you got a different problem. 

When the router goes out and your wired and wireless are affected, is your on demand affected also?   Do you notice any missing lights on the router.   your internet light in particular should be green and flashing. 

What's yours doing?

have you already talked to verizon about this and did they do anything, like reboot your outside terminal, or send a technician? 

almost sounds like you have a cabling problem if that many things are being affected, I wouldn't imagine a new router would fix that.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ajl516 wrote:

I as well as other people I kinow keep getting WIFI disconnected on all our devices. ALso, having issues with wired ethernet connection as it keeps needing to be reset using "ipconfig /renew" command. Tried everything, including a nrew Actiontech router, contacted ethernet card manufacturer all to no avail. Common denominator is Verizon FIOS and I susopect it is security issues in Windoes 8 that  they will not acknowlege or address. I am ready to get rid of FIOS as it is getting worst every year.

Is the ethernet card by any chance a Realtek chip?

They have some big issues.  I am in the process of replacing my realtek nics on ecs mobo's with intel cards.  on the ECS seup with the built in realtek nic the upload speed is horrendous - on a good day 85/8 mor normally 85/2, the equipment with broadcom adapters gets a steady 85/85

0 Likes
HokieDave
Contributor - Level 2

I started having that problem lately.  I bought a few new wifi devices right at the same time (receiver, apple TV) and it started happening right then.  My theory is that the router has a really low number of maximum connections and does not handle it well when you go over that limit.

But yeah, whatever it is, it's awful.

@ajl516 wrote:

0 Likes