FiOS internet sllooowwweeerrr on NEW Windows 10 computer than it was on OLD Windows Vista Computer.
hbic31
Enthusiast - Level 3

What gives?   My old Vista computer lagged, alot.   And, of course, there was virtually zero support for it.   So, I bought a Brand New Windows 10 computer.   But it lags Soooooo much more than the old one did.   I don't get it.    For instance.  On the old computer, when I logged into Verizon.net home page, the news videos would take a long time to load, but once they did, they played with no problems.  Now, they are choppy!   Annoying.  I've tried to Verizon.nets "Fix slow internet speeds" tool, but it just loops.  It "checks the connection"  then goes into the diagnostic portion, finishes, then starts back at "Checking connection" again.    I tried using In Home Agent.  But when that opens up, it continually says there's an outage in my area, click on check outage status and it just hangs.   None of the wireless devices in the house are having the same issue.  Everything else is lightening fast even at our 30/30 plan.   Can anyone help me resolve this problem?  Or do I need to return the computer for another? 

Thanks. 

0 Likes
Re: FiOS internet sllooowwweeerrr on NEW Windows 10 computer than it was on OLD Windows Vista Comput
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What are the hardware specs of the computer? Are speed tests showing your 30/30 plan?

0 Likes
Re: FiOS internet sllooowwweeerrr on NEW Windows 10 computer than it was on OLD Windows Vista Comput
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wifi connection?  Same issue with wired connection?

0 Likes
hbic31
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually, no.  Not having the same problem on the phones or tablets.      

As for Specs:  I'm  not computer savy so is this what you're looking for? 

• Hard Drive Capacity
    500 gigabytes
  • Hard Drive Type
    SATA
  • Operating System
    Windows 10
  • Processor Brand
    Intel
  • Processor Speed
    1.6 gigahertz
  • Processor Model
    Intel Pentium
  • System Memory (RAM)
    4 gigabytes
  • Wireless Networking
    Wireless-AC
    • Cache Memory
      2 megabytes
    • Media Card Reader
      Yes
    • System Memory RAM Expandable To
      16 gigabytes
    • Type of Memory (RAM)
      DDR3
    • Number Of Memory Slots
      • Graphics Type
        Integrated
      • Graphics Processing Unit/GPU
        Intel
      • Video Memory Type
        Shared
0 Likes
hbic31
Enthusiast - Level 3

And yes, my speed tests were coming back fine.   I've upped to 75/75 getting 80/90 ish.   Still have the same choppy video on certain pages,  fiostrending.verizon.com is the WORST of all of them.   However, as I said, Youtube video fine.  Facebook video fine.  Netflix video fine.   Just certain web pages that aren't necessarily video websites, but have video embedded in the page.   

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

That would be it!

If you could, please try diabling Adobe Flash if you are using Microsoft Edge. Flash is a bit of a resource pig, and many Flash applets tend to not use hardware acceleration to play back video.

Flash can be disabled in Edge by clicking on the Menu Button, going to Settings, clicking on Advanced Settings, and then by turning off "Use Adobe Flash." This might break some sites, but for the most part should help to provide better performance if the problem is with the computer's resources. If you use other web browsers, check around online on how to disable Adobe Flash and other plug-ins, to force HTML5 playback instead.

0 Likes