FiOS price doubled after two years?
seanbuck

Hi there –

Looking for some clarity on why my bill nearly doubled (from 47/mo to ~80). Happened to anyone else?

For reference, I've got 25/25 and live in Manhattan. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS price doubled after two years?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi seanbuck,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I assume you are out of contract.

Renewing your contract may reduce your cost.

0 Likes
Erdna

They double your bill after 2 years because of people like me. I set my bill on auto pay and periodically check my statement every couple of months to see the things are in order. Somehow I missed this one for close to 10 months and now they have overcharged me $600. They refused to refund any of that money but have offered to sign me on to a new two-year contract. I canceled my service effective immediately because Behavior like this is near Criminal.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

It doesn't double, it may go up by the amount of your discounts which were previously applied. You have to look at your invoices and when you see a change call then and get it taken care of. You don't wait months and blame the company.

normally the first discount removes in one year, then the secondary discount ends at year two. Then that is the price you pay then on as a month to month.

However if you left the service then there is no need to bargain with them (Verizon) wait a few months and you can get new customer pricing.

0 Likes