FiOS router problem?
mikebeato

I can't access certain websites .... including my own! ... beato.com.   I've tried on three different computers on my home network, two wired and one via WiFi.  Not found.  Yet the site comes up with no problem when I access it on my iPhone over 3G. I've tried powering off/on the router but still no luck.  

This has happened numerous times in the past, but it always resolved itself with 10 minutes or so. Not this time. It's been 24+ hours and counting.  

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: FiOS router problem?
Hokiedad2
Contributor - Level 1

Mike,

Did you clear your DNS cache? That would be the first thing to try.

mikebeato

I reset my router. Does that do it?? 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Windows 98/NT/2000/XP Flush DNS

Flushing the DNS on Windows is an easy process, outlined below is the steps that should be run if you wish to clear your DNS cache.

1. Open up a command prompt (Start > Run > "cmd.exe" > OK).
  2. Type in the command "ipconfig /flushdns"

Windows Vista / Windows 7 Flush DNS

Flushing DNS on newer versions of Windows is almost as easy as the earlier versions but due to Microsofts security additions you must run the command prompt with administrator privileges.

1. Click the start button and navigate to the command prompt (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt)
  2. Make sure that you right click on the command prompt application and choose "Run as Administrator"
  3. Type in the command "ipconfig /flushdns"

This site has screenshots

Is your site hosted by a company, or is your site hosted on one of your machines at your location over the FiOS