FiOS router resetting on power failures
bszen27
Enthusiast - Level 2

As of the last month, there has been two separate occassions where my router has completely reset on power failures. So basically, the password on my router is reset, my personal SSIDs are reset back to the default FiOS ones, and all my static IPs are gone. Given that I have a home automated household, this is quite a major issue for me, because everything basically grinds to a halt when this happens. Thankfully, I found the option the save a configuration file for future issues, but is there something going on here that I don't know about? Is this some type of firmware issue, because this literally has never happened before and now TWICE in a month. Any assistance/advice would be appreciated. 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: FiOS router resetting on power failures
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Equipment Model No. ?
Router ?

S/N ?

Age of Router ?

With above info go here:

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/Internet.htm

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

0 Likes
bszen27
Enthusiast - Level 2

My apologies. This is a FiOS G1100 that I got around 1-2 years ago. Is S/N the serial number? Why is that important? Are certain versions an issue? 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a reminder, this is a public forum.  Please do not post equipment serial numbers.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hope this leads to your solution.

Commercial power failures and Fios service interruptions

Click on this link its on the Right hand side of this conversation page.

OR click on Topic Options  BELOW
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

0 Likes