FiOS won't let me get 75/35 only 150/65?
drawde

I tried the live chat option and over the phone I just wanted to get some input in a public forum.

I currently have the VZ triple play, ultimate hd with digital voice and 50/20 FIOS. I'm looking to upgrade to the 75/35 quantum internet and leave everything else the same. I put in the order fine online, but received a call the next day saying that the 75/35 is "not compatible with the bundle" and i "have to get the 150/65 plan".

I spoke to a sales CSR and he told me that i need to upgrade the ONT outside to get anything better than what i have now (i thought 75/35 is supposed to work as-is, no home visit required). If i upgrade the equipment, will I then be given the option to get the 75/35 plan?

Anyone else experience this?

0 Likes
Re: FiOS won't let me get 75/35 only 150/65?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Strange, but Verizon isn't exactly known to have standardized bundles throughout the country. You wouldn't happen to be in New York, are you?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

They are trying to standardize the bundles. The New Ultimate comes bundled with the 150/65 if you have GPON and can get tge 150/65. Extreme comes with 75/35.

I think the tripple play bundles are like this for Customers that have GPON and can get the 150/65. For BPON customers the bundles are not the same. I have done my homework. I am stuck with BPON for now, and since 2005. Probably just as well because I would pull the high speed trigger, need it or not.

Extreme 75/35 $139 a month.

Ultimate 150/65 $169 a month.

0 Likes
YankeesFan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same with me.  I gave in and ordered the 150/65, they are coming next week to change the ONT.  The 75/35 was there when they first announced Quantum, but gone after a couple week.

0 Likes
jeffh11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got screwed.  Was told by customer service that I needed to renew my services to be able to see the Quantum options.   I did that last night.  Now I'm told that because we don't have digital voice here in Northern VA that I can't have Quantum.  It's either that or I have to break the Triple Play an go with a more expensive phone package.   They have no idea when digital voice will be here either.